How much do subway pay?

Associate
I'm quite certain it is minimum wage as i know someone who works for them, also i think you will get paid every 2 weeks as the person i know gets paid every other week from them instead of the usual every 4 weeks everywhere else.

Liam

Don
i'd get a job in a pub instead, glass collecting etc for now as you're 17, then work behind the bar when you're 18

will be handy if you plan to go travelleing / uni, as everywhere has a pub

more varied and less droning than working with food

btw, did anything ever come of your Reverend Davidson scam?

fiveub's Slave
Associate
OP
This is correct, you also get any subway 6" or footlong meal for £1 (as many as one per day) as a staff bonus. If you always eat at Subway this could save you a vast amount of money

Does this only happen after you work? Or even when you dont work?

Does it also work if your at a different subway at what you dont work at??

Soldato
I imagine its anytime anyday, though not sure about different subways.
Some people operate their franchises differently to others.
For example theres a one in mboro that has 2x12" for £5 offer on sundays, and there was one in newcastle that did any 12" for £3 or something on wednesdays.. or was in mondays.

Soldato
Starting pay is £4.85 p/h if you're 21 or under, £5.52 if you're 22 or over.
That's for about half the ones on manchester, but does go to show that it varies across the board owing the the franchiseness, unfortunately the one thing that doesn't vary is the quality of the ingredients, they're all pretty poor, had my first subway in over a year yesterday and it was rubbish

Soldato
I find it amazing people can survive on such low wages. (minimum adult wage even)
Theres a lot of immigrants working in subways round here, indian guys mainly, I find it insane they can live off such low wages.

I would never stop in a minimum wage job, I would be constantly looking for better paying work. Even though free subways is appealing.

Disgusting slop.
No, tasty tasty stuff, much better priced and much better quality than any other fast food chain.
It's like an orgy in my mouth. A couple of footlongs, meatball marinara, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, gherkin, extra jalapenos, black olives with mayo and a tiny bit on sweet onion sauce, on italian herbs and cheese. Sometimes toasted sometimes not.

I don't know how you could call it disgusting slop while places like mcdonalds exist.

Last edited:
Associate
minimum wage last time i checked .. i'm on £5.11 an hr and £7.77 an hr on sundays working @ tescos part time .. tis the place to be for good pay for someone young like yourself .. I'm 16 btw.

Associate
dont think an u18 would be aloud to be a keyholder tbh, if they were it would definately be against insurance or something no doubt, or contract.

i dont think its a keyholder to the actual store, just for the stock or something, cause my friend does it - i don't mean in the sense of doing opens or closes, sorry!

Associate
I don't know how you could call it disgusting slop while places like mcdonalds exist.

A programme about fast food was aired on the box not long back, subway was just as bad regarding nutrition as all the others. Loads of salt, loads of saturated fat. Plus the meat is all mechanicaly reclaimed muck pumped full of rubbish.

I wouldn't say its disgusting slop, but it most certainly is not fresh good quality food either.

I have only ever had one before, I can do better in the kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom