MotoGP 2016

Soldato
Does anyone else think its funny that MM93 wins the 2016 championship and no-one even says congrats. Shows he's not all that popular anymore, after emerging to be a little slime ball in 2015.

Or maybe its more due to the season as a whole being a pretty damn dull.

Its interesting that you say MM came out of 15 as a slime ball, as most people I know who follow Moto GP and have been long time Rossi fans have said that Rossi went down a peg or two in their views.

Soldato

Its interesting that you say MM came out of 15 as a slime ball, as most people I know who follow Moto GP and have been long time Rossi fans have said that Rossi went down a peg or two in their views.

The clouds of yellow at the races, and hoards of yellow t-shirts and banners speak otherwise. ;)

Associate

I think what MM93 has achieved this year (so early in the season) has been superb but.........I think a lot of the fans are concerned for the health of the racing and competition within MotoGP. Lets hope Lorenzo's move to Ducati is a positive one and he has a competitive bike to match his talent because apart from that, I can't see where the challenge is coming from to take on MM93. It's very possible that MM93 could dominate MotoGP for years to come and that's what the fans are worried about. It's not a swipe at MM93 by no means, he is something else. Sometimes I think he is that good, I wonder did Honda secretly build him in the factory!!!!

Associate
I like the idea of them making him lol, cyber rider. Hope Alex starts doing better in Moto2.

I didn't like the antics at the end of '15, I was disappointed in Rossi.

When Rossi did what he did, I must admit I was disappointed. However he is a very easy guy to forgive because he is such a likeable person. He really brightens up MotoGP and has done for years. F1 could do with a figure like Rossi because that lot sometimes take things way to serious. I enjoy watching his race craft and I enjoy watching his fan base at the tracks. My goodness they are something else, that's an event on its own!! I have so much positivity for the guy but I wish he wouldn't have did that last season. But hey no one is perfect!! Maybe MM93 is. We'll see.

Soldato
The clouds of yellow at the races, and hoards of yellow t-shirts and banners speak otherwise. ;)

Theres a difference between accepting Rossi behaved terribly at the end of 2015 and stopping being a fan.

I was and still am a Rossi fan, I am also sensible and smart enough to openly admit he instigated a lot of the 2015 issues and he over stepped the line more than once both on and off the track.

Its clear you cant see it for what it was, with your "Slime ball" tagging of MM93.

Soldato
Theres a difference between accepting Rossi behaved terribly at the end of 2015 and stopping being a fan.

I was and still am a Rossi fan, I am also sensible and smart enough to openly admit he instigated a lot of the 2015 issues and he over stepped the line more than once both on and off the track.

Its clear you cant see it for what it was, with your "Slime ball" tagging of MM93.

Listen fella, Rossi has been around the paddock long enough to know whats goes on. More than anyone else in MotoGP outside the elite few. You're in denial if you think he didn't interfere with Rossi's chances. MM93 had no chance of winning the title, but chose to stick his nose in where it didn't belong and thinking he'd get away with it. Honda never released the telemetry proving their guilt, and we all have to ask why ? MM93 is a great racer no doubt, but is a little sly to say the least. Gets jealous and doesn't like it when things are not going his way. Not to be trusted. Doesn't play a fair game. AND has the backing of Dorna as they just will do anything to have a Spaniard lift the title.

The one good thing to come out of 2016, is that Rossi showed he was just as fast as MM93, just got unlucky with the DNF's, and had to push harder which forced some extra errors. At least next yr he starts on a clean slate.. He has as good of a chance as MM93 to lift the title next yr, unless for some reason he really ages and doesn't stay as fast as he was this yr.

Last edited:
Soldato
Which telemetry are you talking about here, Philip Island or Sepang. Philip Island lap times up and down the grid showed massive swings in performance not just MM93, but Rossi incited that MM93 could have walked away with the race win, clearly he knew MM's bike better then MM did at a track that has a history of spikey tire performance. Lap times were out there for all to see, telemetry didn't need to be released.

"The Kick" at sepang. Regardless of the "he did/he didn't" the over aggressive actions of Rossi alone were enough for him to receive the reprimand. He forced another rider off the track, that MM93 came off the bike under very suspect circumstances doesn't remove the above fact. Rossi crossed a line and was punished for it, but clearly Rossi wasn't in control of his own actions here it was MM93 using mind control to make Rossi do it. Talk about petulant behaviour, it seems the older man here regressed a few decades in the spur of the moment. As for telemetry regarding this matter Honda didn't release any publically because there was no need. Race direction had applied their penalty and they had the data before doing so. The issue was dealt with so why would Honda need to damage their reputation as an honourable company and continue to stir the pot with damning telemetry when the matter was resolved?

Also what you're outlining above is that MM93 should have let Rossi through just because Rossi was in the title hunt when MM93 had dropped to a massive outside chance or out of contention. Sorry but ask any racer in any category if will let people through and stop racing just because they can no longer come first. You can guarantee if the roles were reversed Rossi would have done the same as MM93 and kept racing on.

Racing is not interference. Had he let Rossi pass easily at every opportunity he would have interfered with Lorenzo's title chances, so if you look at it the way you do MM93 is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Unless of course its acceptable in your eyes for MM93 to screw over Lorenzo for the sake of helping out Rossi. (FYI Lorenzo is my least favourite of the 3 riders).

Your issue with MM93 clearly stems from rose tinted glasses view of a classic Rossi fan boy, when the vast majority clearly see that Rossi came out of it worse off due to the way he behaved both on and off the track.

"MM93 is a great racer no doubt, but is a little sly to say the least. Gets jealous and doesn't like it when things are not going his way. Not to be trusted. Doesn't play a fair game."

The funny thing about this is you can replace MM93 with Rossi and it would perfectly describe the way Rossi behaved at the end of 2015.

I am not in denial I can take a step back and see it for what it is. Had the roles been reversed last year I would be saying all of the above about MM93, but the facts speak for themselves, unlike your conjecture.

Soldato
^^ You ramble on to much. Let me break it down for you ! MM93 is / was jealous of Rossi's fame. Kept crying himself at night, but i'm the best !!!! i'm the best... did what he could towards the end of the championship, proven with the telemetry, to spoil Rossi's chances of taking the 10th, went about it in a sneaky way thought he'd get away with it, but didn't. Rossi who can sniff out a BEEP BEEP when he see's one, called him out, lost it in true Italian style, kicked him off the bike, which made him loose the championship.

At the same time, ruined MM93's reputation, (example no-one celebrating his 2016 championship) and gained loads of extra fans who came out in his defense.

Last edited:
Soldato
^^ You ramble on to much. Let me break it down for you ! MM93 is / was jealous of Rossi's fame. Kept crying himself at night, but i'm the best !!!! i'm the best... did what he could towards the end of the championship, proven with the telemetry, to spoil Rossi's chances of taking the 10th, went about it in a sneaky way thought he'd get away with it, but didn't. Rossi who can sniff out a BEEP BEEP when he see's one, called him out, lost it in true Italian style, kicked him off the bike, which made him loose the championship.

At the same time, ruined MM93's reputation, (example no-one celebrating his 2016 championship) and gained loads of extra fans who came out in his defense.

Still yet to point out which telemetry you are on about proving anything I see.

You prove my point to easily, just another deluded Rossi fan boy :rolleyes:

Associate
I personally don't agree that MM held Rossi up at Phillip Island, at least not intentionally sitting back to slow him down. Obviously when you've got 3 bikes fighting for position, they will all hold each other up by getting in each others way either defending or attaching for an overtake. If helping Lorenzo win the title was his aim then why not sit back and let Lorenzo win the race??? Makes no sense...

Rossi was playing mind games again to try and get MM to stay out of the way in the final 2 races, leaving Rossi to follow Lorenzo around and win the championship. Only it backfired on him big time and he couldn't handle it.

In my eyes Rossi is the best ever (for now at least), but he didn't deserve to win last year after that.

I'm glad MM won this year, probably on the worst bike out of the top 4 bikes at the beginning of the year too, obviously the bike has now been sorted to some extent. It'll be interesting to see what happens next year with the Yamaha, Honda, Ducati and Suzuki, once the wings come off and another winter of development.

Also looking forward to seeing Maverick on the Yamaha, hopefully Rossi doesn't try to slow him down once he starts beating him like he did with Lorenzo.

Hopefully Cal will continue his good form into next year and Honda give him a good bike.

Soldato
Glad to see John McPhee from Moto3 is going to be OK. Absolutely horrifying crash, where the front end tucked in, and he was subsequently run over and was tossed around like a rag doll. Very similar to the Simoncelli incident, where he lay lifeless. Race was red flagged immediately, also Bastanini was violently hit. TBH i'm suprised neither have serious injuries.. Tho McPhee won't be racing again this yr, he is set to make a full recovery. Very very lucky.

Soldato
OP
UK TV schedule for this weekend's Malaysian MotoGP at Sepang Read more at http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/234732/1/mala

BT Sport will broadcast the full race weekend live starting with Friday practice, followed by Saturday qualifying and all three races on Sunday. Highlights of the MotoGP race will also be shown by ITV4 on Monday night.

Friday:

LIVE BT Sport 2: MotoGP FP1 – 02:00
LIVE BT Sport 2: MotoGP FP2 – 06:00

Saturday:

LIVE BT Sport 2: MotoGP FP3 – 02:00
LIVE BT Sport 2: MotoGP Qualifying – 05:00

Sunday:

LIVE BT Sport 2: MotoGP Warm-up – 1:30
LIVE BT Sport 2: Moto3 Race – 03:30
LIVE BT Sport 2: Moto2 Race – 05:15
LIVE BT Sport 2: MotoGP Race – 06:45

Monday:

HIGHLIGHTS ITV4: MotoGP Race – 20:00-21:00
Read more at http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/234732/1/malaysian-motogp-tv-coverage.html#qJvfWJiGZiDxCttx.99

Soldato
OP
Found this very interesting, well done Cal.

The only rider to score more points than Cal Crutchlow in the last eight races is newly crowned triple MotoGP champion Marc Marquez.

Crutchlow, who scored just 20 points in the opening eight races, has pulled in 121 points in the eight races since - including two race wins and four podiums.

Marquez has scored just seven points more than Crutchlow since Sachsenring.

The Englishman's victory last weekend at Phillip Island was the first dry win by a non-factory rider in MotoGP since 2006.

Soldato
We've always known Cal can be quick but he's never had the consistency to endanger the aliens. If he can turn that around he will be formidable.

Soldato
Glad to see John McPhee from Moto3 is going to be OK. Absolutely horrifying crash, where the front end tucked in, and he was subsequently run over and was tossed around like a rag doll. Very similar to the Simoncelli incident, where he lay lifeless. Race was red flagged immediately, also Bastanini was violently hit. TBH i'm suprised neither have serious injuries.. Tho McPhee won't be racing again this yr, he is set to make a full recovery. Very very lucky.

Indeed, I only watched it last night and had avoided any news of it so had to search during the red flag to make sure he was 'ok', or as ok as you could be after that. Did not look good.

There was also a rider hit in the first lap Southern Loop crash (Joan Mir?), similar to the Bastianini one, so 3 riders in one race being hit/run-over during crashes, glad they're all ok.

Back
Top Bottom