Impulse buy, will these fittings be suitable for whole loop?

Associate
So I impulsively bought some bitspower fittings from fleabay and I soon realised afterwards that they are the adapter fittings and not the enhanced fittings.
The seller was selling 10 of them together so it didnt cross my mind that they would just be for sli/crossfire fittings

here is a link to them

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/bitspower-multi-link-adapter-1-4-inch-matte-black-wc-283-bp.html

They are push-in fittings, but will they be suitable to use in the rest of my loop?would be a shame to have them sitting around

Soldato
I don't think it will be possible to use for the rest of the loop as this kind of fitting don't actually lock the tube in place, fittings made for the loop usually have a compression o-ring to lock the tube in place OR some kind of collar to put on the tube.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah they look pretty useless unless you have 2 components that you can fit a straight length of pipe between.

I would just get them back up for sale, theres still plenty of people doing sli/crossfire setups who can make use of them.

Soldato
Aren't they just Bitspower C47 push-in fittings? People were using these for entire hardline loops before the hardline craze kicked off and everybody did proper hardline compression fittings. Even though these are intended for multi-GPU setups, they have to be watertight, so what makes you think they're not suitable for use?

Grab some 12mm OD hard tube and push it in, I think you'll be surprised at how tight the connection is.

Associate
OP
Aren't they just Bitspower C47 push-in fittings? People were using these for entire hardline loops before the hardline craze kicked off and everybody did proper hardline compression fittings. Even though these are intended for multi-GPU setups, they have to be watertight, so what makes you think they're not suitable for use?

Grab some 12mm OD hard tube and push it in, I think you'll be surprised at how tight the connection is.

This was the logic that I was thinking, however I am not sure if the weight when not straight tubing will cause a gap. Well lets give them a try eh!

Soldato
This was the logic that I was thinking, however I am not sure if the weight when not straight tubing will cause a gap. Well lets give them a try eh!

I doubt it tbh, it's not like hard tube weighs very much to cause strain, and if you get your tubing runs to be 100% accurate with no forcing to fit then there's no pressure on the fittings either - point to point connect should take all the load.

Soldato
I wouldn't be worried about them leaking, my concern would just be if your rooting around in your PC regularly like I am that you might knock one of the pipes a little too hard and cause it to pop out of the fitting. If the fittings are fairly tight and you don't have big clumsy hands like me then I wouldn't worry but personally I wouldn't risk thousands of pounds of PC gear for the sake of reselling a few fittings.

Soldato
If they weren't designed to be used in a loop, how could they be used to connect two gpu blocks in SLI/crossfire config?

So short answer, yes you can use it, just do a air leak test to make sure no o rings in these c47 fittings are broken before u fill the loop.

Back
Top Bottom