NZXT Kraken X42, X52 and X62

Caporegime
Any one used the previous iterations of these? I keep changing my decision about AIOs for my next build (the main worry is having to deal with possible leaks) but I do like the look of this. The Predator would have been my first choice if I went down the AIO route but this looks so good :D.

2v0hfo6.jpg

34pkv3m.jpg

Associate
I have used most of the old versions, both the dual 140 and single 120

They were good units, that little bit thicker so just cooled that little bit better, In most cases the extra width isn't a problem anyway.

The CAM software that controls them used to be vv good, it seems to have a little bit "Bloatware" now, including fps, overlay for temps (I use Msi afterburner anyway) and ability to monitor from mobile phone (why .. ? )

The units themselves are solid thou.

Caporegime
OP
It looks like performance is similar to the previous generation but definitely quieter. I am thinking the X62 and a Enthoo Pro M Glass :D. They are due December 9th.

Associate
Been obsessed with these since seeing the review on YouTube. Anyone know what kind of temperature advantage the X62 will have over the Dark Rock 3?

Associate
Afraid not...well not the kraken anyway but I believe they will be releasing an updated version to fit both coolers around Feb - March time hopefully.

yo yo ive been waiting so long for these, the release date was end of Novemebr 2016 but you have not got it, when will you get these or when will it be in stock?

Gangster
OcUK Staff
yo yo ive been waiting so long for these, the release date was end of Novemebr 2016 but you have not got it, when will you get these or when will it be in stock?

Hi,

The coolers have the ETA as the 9th December which is still looking likely and I have not heard anything else to say other wise. The X42 may be a little later than the X52 and X62.

The GPU Brackets will be next year now for the new Kraken.

Soldato
Can't lie, these are shiny lookin' beasties and I want one :)

...but it's hard to justify when I have a perfectly good 240mm AiO already xD

Soldato
Any one used the previous iterations of these? I keep changing my decision about AIOs for my next build (the main worry is having to deal with possible leaks) but I do like the look of this. The Predator would have been my first choice if I went down the AIO route but this looks so good :D.

2v0hfo6.jpg

34pkv3m.jpg

I have the X41 and its a brilliant cooler, pump is really quiet I cant hear it and its doing 3300rpm at the moment idling at 26c. The CAM software is very good and I dont bother with Afterburner anymore and use this to OC my GPU. I like the fact I can control the pump speed, colour etc from the software. I wouldnt call it bloatware as mentioned above and its had the FPS/CPU/GPU info overlay for ages thats not new. It gets regular updates probably about twice a month on average and its evolved so much since I had it.

At the moment its cooling my CPU but I had it with the original Kraken G10 cooling a GTX 970 and GTX 980 when I had SLI.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom