Blitz kit part 1

Associate
How long can this be safely left in rads? My 360 has had the final rinse in it for 2 days and my 120 has had it in for 1. After the final rinse both where emptyed and stops where screwed in to the rads.

They would have been fitted and ran with part 2 yesterday but when i went for my thermal paste, it had set . Ordered some more which will be here tomorrow.

Soldato
Got any distilled water or spare fluid? Just rinse them out and it's all good, part two is just rinsing it off anyway. It will be fine anyway for tomorrow though

Associate
I thought it was severals hours for part 1

but it is quite a while ago....

Ok found it from their website:
Usage of Part 1 of the Mayhems Blitz Cleaning System
1. Put on the Gloves provided in the kit.
2. Mix Part one with deionised water / distilled water (either will do) to a ratio of 250ml of part 1 to 750ml of water.
3. Add to the radiator and clean up any spills immediately.
4. Vent the system of any trapped air and cap the radiator.
5. Leave in Radiator between 6 to 12 hours.
6. After empty down the waste drain. Refill with deionised water / distilled water (either will do) and rise out.
7. Repeat step 6 two times.
8. Refit to loop and move to Part 2 of the cleaning system.

Associate
Your right, sorry I had misread thought you said you had left the fluid in there for several days(Meaning the conc acid ! ), you mean the last lot of water so just distilled water effectivity, So as to not leave it dry.

My bad for mis reading :)

Associate
No but what i think your referring to is part 2 , that shoulnt be left in for more than 24.

i did watch the video and it says to leave the radiator cleaning part in for 24 hours i think but then i saw the instructions somewhere and thought it said leave in no longer than 2 hours.

Associate
Usage of Part 1 of the Mayhems Blitz Pro Cleaning System

1. Put on the Gloves provided in the kit.
2. Mix Part one with deionised water / distilled water (either will do) to a ratio of 50ml of part 1 to 950ml of water.
3. Add to the radiator and clean up any spills immediately.
4. Vent the system of any trapped air and cap the radiator.
5. Recirculate for a maximum of two hours. (shake every 10 min)
6. After two hours empty down the waste drain. DO NOT LEAVE LONGER THAN TWO HOURS
7. Refill with deionised water / distilled water (either will do) and rise out.
8. Repeat this 2 times.
9. Refit to loop and move to Part Two of the cleaning system.

this is from the OCUK shop page

EDIT - but after reading again (was a comment above that made me do it) i see its just the rinsing bit you are on about so id imagine that is safe maybe not too long though as it has to have some acid in it otherwise the rinse would not be required.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom