Hardline Loop but... a few querries

Soldato
Sorry guys not thinking straight atm, I've got a sickness bug :(

I was thinking about using some olive oil on the end of the tube when you insert it in the fittings. Can it be sunflower oil or has it got to be olive? Cheers.

You basically put as much on the insert as you need, then slide it in. I usually dips my fingers in a little dish I've poured it in to, then run up and down the insert a bit. Not to the point where it's dripping off or anything, but just so it covers a fair portion of it.

I don't know about sunflower... maybe. You shouldn't have that anyway, you realise how bad that is for you?! Put that in the bin and get some decent extra virgin olive oil instead. But don't cook with it... cook with coconut oil, much better.

Don't do that you'll get it in the loop... get a pipe reamer on Amazon for about £4 and use that to create the angled edge. Sand smooth if you want, use distilled water to lubricate if you need but shouldn't have a problem pushing it in with the finished edge.

No you won't! Just rinse the tubes out with a bit of washing liquid and water a few times, then final rinse with water until clear. Works a treat. Done this loads of time, no trace of oil left.

Associate
Going well :)

Couple of questions, do you leak test with just distilled water or your proper coolant?

When doing the leak test do you leave the pump running for the whole test?

Cheers :)

Soldato
Going well :)

Couple of questions, do you leak test with just distilled water or your proper coolant?

When doing the leak test do you leave the pump running for the whole test?

Cheers :)

Probably distilled yes, basically if there is a leak you will have to drain it all out so advisable just to have the cheaper liquid. That said I've done it with coolant a number of times so depends how much you have!

Associate
Probably distilled yes, basically if there is a leak you will have to drain it all out so advisable just to have the cheaper liquid. That said I've done it with coolant a number of times so depends how much you have!

Too late filled it with the uv coolant last night at 11pm, stayed up till 2am with no leaks then checked it today and still bone dry :)

Still a few small bubbles in one pipe and the res, how long do they take to clear?

Soldato
Too late filled it with the uv coolant last night at 11pm, stayed up till 2am with no leaks then checked it today and still bone dry :)

Still a few small bubbles in one pipe and the res, how long do they take to clear?

Good job. Can take a while, a week maybe. Best to leave the cap off your res so air can get out easily.

Associate
Heers mate. Will the coolant expand when hot and overflow?

It will expand yes, you need at least some air for it to compress, if there is no gas to compress it will start trying to force itself pass orings etc and can lead to all sorts of problems.

Associate
It will expand yes, you need at least some air for it to compress, if there is no gas to compress it will start trying to force itself pass orings etc and can lead to all sorts of problems.

So I shouldn't fill the res to the top of the tube then? Do I need a pressure relief valve? Thanks.

Associate
OP
Finished my build just after Christmas and this is what it looks like now I have the LEDs in place.

I still need to fully attach the HDD cage at the front in the drive bays but the original 5.25" aluminium bay covers need modding to fit in. Just a small trim should do it.

Associate
OoOoOOo Pretty!

I like it, I like it.
I LOVE that bottom GPU pipe where you can see the Aurora rushing along the tube.

Very nice :)

Back
Top Bottom