EK Predator 240 leak (again...)

Associate
OP
Refund from a different supplier after having a 360 leak before Christmas.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=30303625&postcount=23

Stuck between a rock and a hard place now, as I'll need to go back to the Predator line-up for QDC purposes. Currently using a 240 model in it's place, but it's really not quite up the level needed for CPU+GPU, accosutically speaking anyway.
Might just have to wait for new stock, with hopefully better levels of QC.

Well good luck to ya, i stopped getting reply's from EK all together so i just jacked it all in.

Associate
I had a new pump base fitment sent to me from EK, very good service, and fitted it with new O rings supllied, I can see what they have done to the pump outlet, so save them hair line cracks, it now has I metal ring on the outside to save the plastic spreading when a fitting is screwed in.

Fitted new parts supplied from EK free of charge and all is well with the 280 system now. no leaks and run at full speed for 24hrs.

Associate
I had a new pump base fitment sent to me from EK, very good service, and fitted it with new O rings supllied, I can see what they have done to the pump outlet, so save them hair line cracks, it now has I metal ring on the outside to save the plastic spreading when a fitting is screwed in.

Fitted new parts supplied from EK free of charge and all is well with the 280 system now. no leaks and run at full speed for 24hrs.

Very good.

Associate
OP

Awesome :) happy gaming.

Associate
OP
By the time youve bought all this aio stuff and messed about with it you could have bought a custom loop?

If the comment is to me, i am not into making my own custom loop was just looking for a similar option which turned out to be far from that. I am sorted now though thankfully (ek is but a memory).

Soldato
Ive not had any leaks with mine however mine has started playing up. Ive noticed when i start my system up at desktop or bios my temps are crazy high hitting 40-50 on idle and slowly rises to 70 odd. Now i thought it was a air bubble untill i realised its the pump not working properly and takes few mins to kick in. Removed the pump power connector from the AIO it self and attached it to the mobo PWM connector which seemed to do the trick for a couple of pc boot ups but again its started doing the same thing.
This makes me think the pump is on the way out and i don't know what to do.

Sorta started thinking just getting a proper pump and res and then some tubing and just replacing stuff but then again im probs best just going through RMA. Anyone find RMA to be a pain?

Associate
My 240 leaked before it even went in the case, tested it outside of the case and watched the water seep out the side of the block, Fitting one for a friend had the same problem, plus a couple of the fittings were loose, but needed it quickly so just used another block and tubing plus fittings, it's worked fine for about a year.
Can't see them listed now apart from the option with the GPU block so perhaps they are having another revamp.

Those QDC fittings are totally fugly, to my eyes at least :) and won't blend into any system, as for Quality Control I think it consists of the little QC sticker and nothing else, I've had loose screws overtight ones odd screws,couple of stripped threads, heavy milling marks etc.

Think the plan is to check and test before fitting, I am however even after all that thinking of getting the 280 version :)

Associate
OP
For anyone interested finally got my refund through and can move on, just finishing off the last bits finally.

155ot3s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom