Plantronics GameCom 377 or 367?

Associate
I'm after a fairly decent headset after managing to wreck my Creative Fatal1ty ones. I've notice that these 2 sets get quite good feedback and was just wondering if the sound quality differs that much between them?
I gather that the 367 are a enclosed design and the 377 are open.
Isn't the closed ones usually better sound quality? Yet these are cheaper :confused:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-005-PT&groupid=702&catid=1058&subcat=502

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-004-PT&groupid=702&catid=1058&subcat=502

Oh, they will be used for gaming mostly.

Thanks

Associate
From what I can gather the open one will let you hear someone shout you/ phone ringing more clearly than the ones that are closed.

I should also imagine the open ones will be better for long periods as your ears can breathe.

Associate
I have the Gamecom 777's, which is the next one up from the 377. I would recommend it if the 377's are anything like mine. I can hear people all around me in game with pin-point direction and they are great for music too.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice.
I think I will go for the 377's just because I don't want hot ears and to be totally unaware of whats going on around me!
I dug out an old PC mag that rated these, saying that the sound was really good but the only thing that let the headphones down was that they were uncomfortable.
So, its 'comforting' (pun intended) to know from Rroff's experience that the head grip will ease. :cool:

Associate
After reading a few reviews on the GAMECOM, I decided agaist them, the comfort or head squeeze seems to pop up a few times, so I've gone and bought some DR50s which are just headphones as reccommended by Uriel.

Man of Honour
DR50s or 150s would be an excellent choice. The Plantronics do become a lot more comfortable with use but the first week would put a lot of people off. I'm a big fan of the sennheiser PC1xx range for gaming headphones myself.

Associate
OP
I bought the 377's and have had them a few days now.
I think for the money they sound really good, better then my old Fatal1ty ones though not as much bass as they are open-eared, soon remedied that.
I initially was not impressed with the sound, but then realised the output volume was at max and turning that down made it sound so much better. They work better than my old ones with the 3d effect using an x-fi extreme gamer sound card.
As for comfort, I don't think they are that bad. Not the vice like grip that was reported on a number of reviews, but then again I may have a small head!
All in all, happy :)

Back
Top Bottom