** Official Mayhems Development Log **

Associate
This is a single post containing every thing we are currently working on. This does not mean in any way what we are testing working on will hit retail and is mainly to gauge public response and show what we are up to. Some of the logs are in early stages and testing has only just begun and may not see the light of day for a long time.

We all so cannot go into to much detail (some times) as well of what's inside some of the products as you may under stand this is the net and companies are all ways looking for new ideas and obversely what we do is quite innovative and is worth money to certain companies.

You can ask questions if you like how ever if i do not answer some its not me ignoring you, Its just we cannot answer them due to NDA restrictions i have placed on my self :).

THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT THREAD FOR RELEASED PRODUCTS.

So on with the thread

Mayhems Radiators MK-1-B / MK-1-W (240mm & 360mm)

We have been working on developing some rads for quite some time now and some testers have had there hands on our beta versions all ready. One of the testers is a admin on this forum and works for OCUK and is under NDA. No pictures will be shown of these rads until a retail product is made.

Mayhems radiators are throwing the new school rule book in the bin and bringing you this old school motorbike radiator with a few changes to allow superior cooling ability in any liquid cooled system.

When you pick up these rads you not only feel the quality of the build but you will see it to. All so these rads are 100% made in the UK.

We are working on designs still how ever we made up 10 Ver 1 rads and still have about 4 left over. Sevral testers go the Ver 1 rads for long term testing a few months back and have been sending us results back on how they feel about the rads and how they are performing.

Im pleased to say the results we did get back have been very good. In some cases impressive to say the least. The rads should be one of the top makes when they come out for Low noise high performance rads and apparently from testers out perform there equivalent (and some times come close the even larger rads) on the market.

We will be initially make a 360mm rad and a 240mm rad. We have no plans for a 120mm rad and a 480mm rad at the moment.

Here are some of the simplified test results we have been given or have gotten our self.

Thermochill 480mm Vs Mayhems 360mm

4 fans on the Themrochill running at 1200 RPM, 3 fans on the Mayhems Rad running at 1200 RPM
A simple ball valve was used to switch between the Thermochill Rad and the Mayhems Rad so nothing was disturbed between switch over.

TC 480mm = 41c After 4 hours of prime
M 360mm = 43c After 4 Hour of Prime

Mayhems 360mm Rad was -2c behind Thermochill's 480mm rad - Test's confirmed from a independent tester who results were 2c behind the same rad.

Thermochill (old style old spacing) 3 x 120mm rads Vs Mayhems 360mm rad

TC 3 x 120mm = 44c
Mayhems 360mm = 41c

Thermochill (new spacing) 360mm Vs Mayhems 360mm

TC 360mm = 46c
Mayhems 360mm = 41c

Black ICE GT Xtreme 360mm Vs Mayhems 360mm rad

Fans running at 1200 RPM. Same again simple ball value in system to switch between rads as not to disturb set up.

Black ICE GT EX 360mm = 45c After 4 hours of prime
Mayhems 360mm rad = 41.5c After 4 hours of prime.

The test difference all takes into account the ambient temps at the time from each tester and are produced from a advantage score.

This was tests done on the Ver 1 rad so really they are irreverent as were working on version 2 to improve the rad some more in the aesthetics department and all so to help bleeding of the system. Some of the changes we are going to incorporate may improve performance or may drop the performance we just don't know yet.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Mayhems X2 Extreme Coolant

(yes another one haha)

When reading though the net the no 1 worry of many people is one thing and that is Dyes staining there water cooling system. Now when you use dyes this a unavoidable aspect of using liquids that have been dyed and this is no way of avoiding this. Some manufacturers claim to have sorted this problem out how ever in our testing we have found this to be untrue and still find to this date dyes still stain no matter what coolant you use. This includes our very own branded coolant. Obversely this is dependant on your very own system but i can honestly say my testing is pretty damned tougher when looking into coolants.

So what can we do about this ... Well this is were Mayhems X2 (developmental coolant) comes in to play.

1) X2 contains "NO DYES"

2) X2 will last up to 3 years in a working water cooling system (conductions vary and you may only get up to 2 years depending on the type of system you run)

3) The UV aspect of them WILL NOT FADE Over Time

4) 100% Environmental friendly

5) Up to 4x brighter than Current UV Coolants

6) For the first time we have a REAL Bright Orange not only under UV but under normal light.

7) Its a nano fluid technically but relay its not

8) Will work in very high heat (110c) and down to -40c

9) This will be the first every Ethylene Glycol based liquid cooling pre-mix we have made that is human safe.

Ethylene Glycol normally is not human safe and is normally very toxic to human beings how ever this new Glycol based coolant has a patented additive preventing Ethylene Glycol from being metabolised (during digestion) into toxic by-products, which cause kidney failure, blindness and death.

All though we say human safe this does not say drink it. this substance is none toxic but we will never recommend any one drinks any of our fluids we make.

Please for give these photos they are not the best and i haven't had time to do better ones.

001yad.jpg

006alm.jpg

012fm.jpg

020unw.jpg

018fpu.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Mayhems Biocide Extreme - release date Dec

Mayhems Biocide is a 100% Dye safe fluid. Yes after lots and lost of testing this is the first ever 100% dye safe water cooling liquid biocide (please read the wording)

Mayhems Biocide Extreme is the Ultimate Steriliser for water cooling systems contacting dyes and stops contamination in your water cooling system. Suitable for use in liquid cooled computers that contain dye. We use less copper sulphate and more citric acid to combat the problems of bacteria and other nasties in you water cooling system. Mayhems Biocide Extreme is the only biocide to use this mixture.

Benefits of Mayhems Biocide Extreme

Mayhems Biocide Extreme Kills green water, blue-green algae, slime, scum, mould spores and all types of green algae on contact.
Suitable for use in water that has been dyed. Will not Foul your system.
Highly effective in preventing the build up of bio-films in PC water cooling.
Mayhems Biocide Extreme gives a 99.9% reduction of the species listed below within 3 hours.
Legionella pneumophila (Legionnaires Disease), Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus, Micrococcus luteus, Streptococcus agalactiae, Escherichia coli.
Fast acting and effective at low concentration.
Non-foaming.
Liquid easy to dispense.
Functional over a broad temperature range. -40 to +140c

Usage

Add 1 to 2 drops per 1 Ltr of water cooling fluid.

Top up every month with 1 drop Per 1 Ltr of water cooling fluid.

DO NOT ADD TO ANY OF MAYHEMS PRE-MIXED FlUIDS OR COOLANTS.

DO NOT CONSUME CONTAINS COPPER SULPHATE, CITRIC ACID AND DYES

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
wow, cant wait to see the new coolants, you really have made water interesting.
I NEED to understand how those colours exist without the use of a dye!!!

I can confirm findings, the mayhem 360 vs the thermochill 480 yields neigh on identical temps with my initial tests.

cant wait to see the final product. quad rad performance in a triple rad package is so good.

cant say much more about it, but I think mlwood has covered it all really.
another groundbreaking mayhems product in the works,

I have stickied this thread as it is important that all OcUK watercooling enthusiasts get to see the updates that Mick provides.

Mick, I think I speak for everyone here and at OcUK when I say that you really do have our full support :)

Soldato
I can confirm findings, the mayhem 360 vs the thermochill 480 yields neigh on identical temps with my initial tests.

Are you the lucky OcUK admin who has the secret new rad? If so lucky you :)

Thermochill (old style old spacing) 3 x 120mm rads Vs Mayhems 360mm rad

TC 3 x 120mm = 44c
Mayhems 360mm = 41c

Thermochill (new spacing) 360mm Vs Mayhems 360mm

TC 360mm = 46c
Mayhems 360mm = 41c

I sure am glad I didn't sell my PA's for a loss to get the new TA rads when they switched over :D

On the coolants, looking pretty good. Although UV Yellow and Green look sort of the same but I suppose thats due to the picture. It would be really nice to get some of that when it's ready for sale.

Associate
OP
@rjkoneill thks. I cannot speak about what's in the new X2 coolants as its under warps atm (i can defo say no other company has even thought about it or ever produced working version of it in any form). but its defo not a dye :).

@moogle The yellow is much brighter in life than on the pics, all so its a real yellow. Once i get some time together we will get pics. Were currently down one system for testing. so testing hasn't started yet on the new X2 fluids. Theory is all that is in place atm how ever from my understanding of fluids and as my understanding grows i dont for see any problems just yet. There are more colours such as Perfect Black and Ocean Blue how ever again just not had the time for taking pics.

@PhillyDee Thank you.

We do have more plans as well than what you see here. Some of them have production models made up all ready to go into testing but with the limited funds we have at our disposal it will take time. Nither me nor Steve take any wage or payment from Mayhems so what ever so what you Guys or Girls buy helps us develop more and its been like that since day 1.

How ever we will only produce stuff that makes a difference to the market or it betters the market.

Last edited:
Soldato
@moogle The yellow is much brighter in life than on the pics, all so its a real yellow. Once i get some time together we will get pics.

Ah I thought so. Well as long as it looks good in the end (already does :p) I'll be getting some.

As for the radiators, lets hope it isn't self tapping screws with the pointy ends.
M4 screw holes are the best, I've always tapped m4 threads into my rads.

Associate
Really enjoy development logs.... this will be great. Thanks for posting!

About to put together my first custom loop, fluid by Mayhems.... will be interested to see what you've planned for the future!

Associate
Those coolant colours are fantastic, they look so vibrant I bet they look even better up close and personal.:cool: Good luck with the development of the rads, figures are looking good against the competition, cant wait to see the finished product. All the best for development Mike

Associate
OP
Thks guys. Been working on a video of why our new bioside is another industry leading product. We show what leading brands do over a period of time and what our new ones doesn't do ;). There just is no comparison.

We will not publish it though, once we release it which may not be till Late December , early Jan as we just haven't had much time to push it out yet.

Still working hard on X2 and weve bought in all other pre-mixes and been running side by side tests on it ... Still got a lot of work to do on it though and as said we need another system to test it out.

Soldato
Thks guys. Been working on a video of why our new bioside is another industry leading product. We show what leading brands do over a period of time and what our new ones doesn't do ;). There just is no comparison.

We will not publish it though, once we release it which may not be till Late December , early Jan as we just haven't had much time to push it out yet.

Still working hard on X2 and weve bought in all other pre-mixes and been running side by side tests on it ... Still got a lot of work to do on it though and as said we need another system to test it out.

Have to say I am both amazed and impressed with what you are developing - please don't stop lol. If you need another rad tester at some point I would be glad to assist - only trouble is that I can only fit a 240/280 in my 650D.

Mark

Permabanned
Yeah I kinda figured that, thats why I just said approximate, not after an actual release date just wondering if were talking a few weeks/months/over a year kinda thing, a ballpark would be nice :D

Associate
OP
1 year .... dunno till we get another test system. ATM were stuck as we have other things to test first and X2 is now in the que.

Back
Top Bottom