first time with water cooling.. strange smell coming from pc

Associate
so as the title says this is my first time with water cooling but there is a strange smell coming from the pc.
i have this cooler:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/thermaltake-water-3.0-riing-rgb-240-aio-cooler-240-mm-hs-046-tt.html
i have had tissue around the hose connections and they are still dry so i dont think its a leak.
could it be the paint on the rad? i have the fans blowing into it but may change them to blowing out.
is there anything else i can check? i cant find no liquid anywhere i can just smell rubber/tcp :confused:

Associate
OP
also im using the pre applied thermal paste as i though i had some left over from before but couldnt find it. so will change this out when the new stuff arrives

Associate
OP
its more like tcp or vics vapour rub only less mentholy lol
ive taked it out and check all the connections and everything is bone dry also replaced the thermal past as i found some in an old cooler box under the bed.
looking online the average temps idle are 30° and the average under load is 73° so looks like its doing its job.
hoping the smell is just the paint as i remember painting a radiator in the front room once and it smelt really bad for about a week when it was turned on

Back
Top Bottom