EK Predator 240 leak (again...)

Associate
This is the second unit i have had within the space of 3 days and they have both leaked, one covering my mothetboard in water... I am so &£*#*& mad right now i have no words. The fact there is even arevision 2 means they new of the problem and it is still happening. I also fitted a EK predator prefill on my gpu which means i cannot even use my pc..

Honestly i am beyond &#*€!@... Id like EK rep to do something I.E bring a new unleaking tested unit and fit it at my house.

Associate
OP
I cannot even bring myself to be in the same room as my pc at the moment i don't even want to see it....

Soldato
I can kind of relate. I have a custom loop and a EK Y splitter (new) started leaking, fortunately nothing was affected.

I think your well within your rights to demand a full refund and expect a new, fully stress tested unit be given to you as compensation. You need some serious good will from EK.

Associate
OP
I can kind of relate. I have a custom loop and a EK Y splitter (new) started leaking, fortunately nothing was affected.

I think your well within your rights to demand a full refund and expect a new, fully stress tested unit be given to you as compensation. You need some serious good will from EK.

I've also got a little something for EK and i can tell you it aint good will.

Associate
I've had problems with my CPU block recently and the response was along the lines of "thousands get sold with no compatibility issues". The backplate causes shorts if it's tightened, I had to modify it and use double sided sticky pads to solve the issue. This is a lot more serious mind. Hope you get it sorted

Associate
well I am pleased to say no problem with the CPU block leaking with mine, but had a hairline crack problem with the pump outlet causing a drip through the hairline cracks in the thin wall outlet from pump.

Associate
OP
well I am pleased to say no problem with the CPU block leaking with mine, but had a hairline crack problem with the pump outlet causing a drip through the hairline cracks in the thin wall outlet from pump.

Now you mention it in the second unit i have it also has hairline cracks on the tubing from the outlet aswell... It is not leaking from there atm. Does EK even have quality control?

Soldato
Yup, EK QC is quite tight too, but with thousands of products going out even 0.05% is a lot of products =(

each product is assembled by hand and then checked using their air machines. They then package it. I have been to Slovenia and seen it first hand.

There must be an underlying problem with the EK predator, especially if it is happening multiple times. It isn't good either way!!

Associate
OP
Yup, EK QC is quite tight too, but with thousands of products going out even 0.05% is a lot of products =(

each product is assembled by hand and then checked using their air machines. They then package it. I have been to Slovenia and seen it first hand.

There must be an underlying problem with the EK predator, especially if it is happening multiple times. It isn't good either way!!

From what i gather from my own experience and others videos the leak accures after pressure is put on the block, either squeezing it or mounting it to the motherboard. I ran both units outside of my case first for 20-30minutes without any leaks. One unit gushed water as soon as i stood the tower vertical, second one took a few minutes to begin to leak.

Soldato
it would be interesting to get one to have a look at tbh. I even had a look at thier RMA desk (yes, they don't need a department, they have a desk with around 20 products around it)

The blocks (including adding the o-rings) are all assembled by hand (and each part by a single person rather than a production line) so it would be interesting to see if it was the o-ring at fault or the actual cpu block.

In fact, I have a picture, this is the RMA area... far less items than I remembered!

IMG_4033.jpg

Associate
OP
I really don't know what to do atm, pc has already been down a week and its looking like it will be a down a lot longer which is far from ideal as i use my computer for work.

Soldato
My Predator 360 rev 1.1 bought early Jan 2016, runs fine.

It has worked with 2 different mobo (sockets) & 3 Cpus, and changed the GPUs numerous times for benching (R9 Nano & GTX1080), while have changed two cases since.

Associate
OP
The faulty units highly outway the working ones, after googling and reading many other forums looks like another recall is needed.

Back
Top Bottom