help with laing ddc 1t plus pump

Associate
Hi, this is the pump i bought several years ago when i replaced my bay reservoir/pump combination.

First question is : is there a reservoir top that fits it? I can't find one anywhere unless all the "DDC" reservoir tops fit every type of pump?

Second question is : Is it possible that the pump is TOO powerful? I've never been able to get rid of the bubbles out of my cpu loop. it's constantly making noises as bubbles are forced through the cpu block, it's horrible.

I think it's 18W without checking which with only a CPU block to slow it down I'm wondering if it's just pushing the water round far too quickly?

As well as a 4-pin molex plug it has a PWM connector on it as well but only one blue wire going in to it? what's that for? I'm hoping it's something to control the speed of the pump with.

Soldato
I just wired mine up to a fan speed controller, it shows me the rpm and i can control the speed, i have it on the slowest it will go.

Associate
Hi, this is the pump i bought several years ago when i replaced my bay reservoir/pump combination.

First question is : is there a reservoir top that fits it? I can't find one anywhere unless all the "DDC" reservoir tops fit every type of pump?

Second question is : Is it possible that the pump is TOO powerful? I've never been able to get rid of the bubbles out of my cpu loop. it's constantly making noises as bubbles are forced through the cpu block, it's horrible.

I think it's 18W without checking which with only a CPU block to slow it down I'm wondering if it's just pushing the water round far too quickly?

As well as a 4-pin molex plug it has a PWM connector on it as well but only one blue wire going in to it? what's that for? I'm hoping it's something to control the speed of the pump with.

All DDC pumps are the same dimensions so fit all the same tops.

The 18W pump is very powerful and with just a CPU block you will get the issues you have with bubbles.

The connector with 1 blue wire is just for monitoring the pumps speed via a MB fan connector, there is no speed control available with it.

The pumped is powered via the 4 pin Molex so if you want to vary the pumps speed you'll need to connect it via a suitable fan controller using a special cable but I don't think OC sell them.

Soldato
All questions are already answered like was already said you need something to control the speed, could be a pump speed controller or a fan controller but make sure it can handle 18W per channel, most of fan controllers CANNOT handle 18W per channel.

Associate
OP
OK great answers thank you!

I'm wondering if i should buy a new pump/reservoir combo to avoid trying a fan controller although they do intrigue me anyway.

There is a Magicool pump/reservoir combo for £33 here on OC's, considering trying that and seeing if i could sell my pump.

Associate
OK great answers thank you!

I'm wondering if i should buy a new pump/reservoir combo to avoid trying a fan controller although they do intrigue me anyway.

There is a Magicool pump/reservoir combo for £33 here on OC's, considering trying that and seeing if i could sell my pump.

I've not come across that pump before but it sounds like you've got quite a simple loop so it should be fine and at that cost probably worth a punt.

Associate
Before I controlled it via my a aquaero I used to just 7V mod it with the molex connector. You could try this until you fully bleed the system.

Worked fine for me.

Did it start OK at 7V or did you have to start it higher and then lower it ?

The DDC 18W spec states it needs 9v to start up plus I know from running my own in the past using a T-Balancer miniNG that it won't volt down too far without stopping.

Associate
OP
over clocking was a big enough step for me, modding electricals is something I'll probably pass on lol. Thank you though.

Yes it is cheap enough that it's worth a try, that's certainly my favourite plan atm

Back
Top Bottom