Corsair 110i GTX vs H110i GT noise level + performance

Associate
Hey awesome Overclockers UK folks!

I just wanted to ask you guys your experience and the difference between the corsair H110i GTX and the H110i GT.

I have the GTX myself and consindering sending it back, or atleast having it tweaked, due to it maybe being too loud or being set to a wrong setting.

I can see the shop I bought my computer from, have switched to GT. So I wanted to know if its just me "the settings that needs tweaking" or if the GT is surely the better product, noice and performance wise.

I really like my computer low noice wise, if possiable thought.

RMA it or not, will be someting I find out if its possiable, if at all. But atleast I wanted to check, if I had to get it replaced, what of the two I would pick, to get it replaced with.

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/corsair_h110i_gt_review/1 - GT review.

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/73...rformance-liquid-cpu-cooler-review/index.html - GTX review

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My current build:

Monitor: Alienware Optx AW2310 23" Wide TFT 120Hz Black.

CPU: 5960X

Cooler: Corsair 110i GTX

PSU: Corsair AXi Series AX1500i 80+ Titanium

GPU: Sli 980ti Strix.

Mob: Asus Rampage V Extreme/3.1 USB.

Ram: HyperX Predator 32GB 3000Mhz

System: Samsung pro 1TB

Storage: Western Digital Black 4TB

Drive: Asus Blueray/DvD

Case: NZXT 820 Phantom.

Cablemod - "Red and Black"

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it fan or pump noise your not happy with?

If it's fans, I would look at just replacing those with something better/quieter. or perhaps just running the stock ones a little slower.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the reply!

I am not sure exactly which of them that is loud as of yet.

But I am more curious about which of the product does better, since there is a chance I can switch my GTX out with GT.

Unless its an easy solved problem, but I am sending the machine in to the shop, because of other problems too.

So I rather we focus on which of the two products is the best, noice and performance wise :)

Its only a question between those two products really, or common problems with them. So that I got something within my RMA that I can write, beside what they already know. I am able to get a replacement between those two products really, either a GTX or GT should it turned out my cooler is faulty. - If not, they are quite cable of adjusting, lucky.
​​​​​​​
Just need which of the two products are the best, so when I get my machine back I chose the best of the two :)

I don't wanna mod my things either. - That will void my warranty too.

Associate
OP
I just wanted to ask you guys your experience and the difference between the corsair H110i GTX and the H110i GT.

Aswell which of them is the quieter / Cools best / Overall better performer :)

Associate
i hate my h110i gt

It's about 2ish years old and the l.e.d's flicker off/on with certain colours and 2 of the radiator screw mounts have lost their thread :(

Soldato
Both have loud pumps in my experience.

Only way to get silence is to setup a custom loop with a quality pump on lowest speed, or just get a nice big Noctua cooler and be done with it.

I picked the Noctua route (UH-12S), it's good enough to let my 6700k run at 4.7Ghz 24/7, is completely silent at idle and is still quiet on full load. Maintenance free, couldn't be happier :)

Back
Top Bottom