*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The thing is they are probably dropping to higher ranked players who would see them as tat.

Like all the things I put on the AH. Nothing I find is as good as what I have bought from the AH.

Caporegime
Does anyone know a rough length for the campaign? Still trying to justify the £45 price :p. I finished the starter edition in about 2 hours, which I hear is Act 1 of 4? I have no real interest in replaying as other classes/difficulties I'm just not that type of player.

In that case it's not the game for you I'm afraid. That is what Diablo is all about.

Anyway maybe 16-22 hours depending on how thorough you are.

Starter edition is not 1 of 4, starter edition is part of act 1.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
I don't get people that just buy all their gear from the AH, that just totally ruins the point of Diablo.

What's the point of playing if I can just go buy all the best gear from the AH and sail through the game without even looking.

It's like buying those DLC 'special weapon packs' in other games that have huge stats compared to what you'd normally find.

Yeah all this stuff drops in game, but not all to the same person, you aren't meant to have a fully maxed out armour set for your level all the time. That's the end game for Diablo! Farming yourself awesome gear to beat the highest difficulties with.

I finished the entire of normal mode with my wife, and we just used stuff dropped for us. I killed Diablo at lv32 and i've got 1300HP, and about 450dps. Most of my gear is Rare's, a couple of Magicals, and Legendary belt. I died a few times through the game, but that was just due to me charging in like a loon because it was hilarious :D

Maybe its just me, but I think buying everything from the AH just spoils the game. *shrug*

Associate
To be honest, I'm pretty miffed off with this game.

Seems to me that if you want to progress, you have to use the auction house.

The drops I am getting in Nightmare are pretty much totally useless, and about 10 levels below what I need.

The whole point of this game is that little bit of crack you get when you get a nice drop. But if the drops are all bad, and about 10 levels below your level, how are you supposed to gear up without using the auction house?

And then using the auction house takes away that bit of excitement from the loot drops.

Also, what exactly are we gearing up for? The same 4 acts?

Also, why are there no low level armour sets?

Seems the only sets are at 60?

Associate
The thing is they are probably dropping to higher ranked players who would see them as tat.

Like all the things I put on the AH. Nothing I find is as good as what I have bought from the AH.
I bought a helm for my monk on AH, literally 2 minutes into playing with my new gear I get a drop much better, was slightly annoyed, but didn't pay much for the helm to begin with (always a few bargains if you hunt for them)

Soldato
Just finished inferno act 1 and my goodness act 2 is impossible, I am struggling with normal mobs now I dare not to even try to attempt rares.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Does anyone know a rough length for the campaign? Still trying to justify the £45 price :p. I finished the starter edition in about 2 hours, which I hear is Act 1 of 4? I have no real interest in replaying as other classes/difficulties I'm just not that type of player.

Starter edition, is about a third of Act I.

It's taken us a week to do Normal mode playing about 3-4hrs a night and exploring everywhere.

So about 25hrs to do normal mode if you take your time. Probably a lot less if you just power straight to the quest markers.

Associate
Question for Barbarians - 1 handed weapon + shield vs 2 handed weapon?

I'm currently using a 2 handed Axe - purely because it looks better. But I can do as much damage with a single 1 handed weapon and that's before I even apply a shield which could then have further buffs to strength and such and provide a load of armour?

Is there any reason to use 2 handed weapons beyond the awesome looks? :p

My personal view, I have a 2H mace and beside the rush of liquidating and smearing the ground with their bloody skid marks the fact that in hell mode I one shot mobs and 2-3 on elites with my 2H is the reason why I go with it :)

if your 1h can do that then the shield will be beneficial but I cannot see that being the case

My 2 pennies :D

Soldato
Mediocrity? What? Crit build Barbs are unstoppable.

Add some atk speed in :)

To be fair though, as has been said by many, Barbs are much more gear dependent, which in turn makes it much 'fairer' as such. Whilst yes you can buy gear from the AH to get that build, there's still always that better item you'll be looking for...

Random magic items are better than legendary or rare items (WTF?)

People really don't get this one do they... I'm not going to bother explaining it as it has been explained sooo many times....

Question for Barbarians - 1 handed weapon + shield vs 2 handed weapon?

I'm currently using a 2 handed Axe - purely because it looks better. But I can do as much damage with a single 1 handed weapon and that's before I even apply a shield which could then have further buffs to strength and such and provide a load of armour?

Is there any reason to use 2 handed weapons beyond the awesome looks? :p

Personally I'm a big fan of 1H + shield. It doesn't seem to impede me that much, and the extra defence is very much welcome xD

I might try a dual wield build later on though in the game if I want some fun. I can imagine dual wield high level daggers (so fast atk spd) + atk spd + str could do some crazy amounts of damage..

kd

Caporegime
I don't get people that just buy all their gear from the AH, that just totally ruins the point of Diablo.

What's the point of playing if I can just go buy all the best gear from the AH and sail through the game without even looking.

It's like buying those DLC 'special weapon packs' in other games that have huge stats compared to what you'd normally find.

Yeah all this stuff drops in game, but not all to the same person, you aren't meant to have a fully maxed out armour set for your level all the time. That's the end game for Diablo! Farming yourself awesome gear to beat the highest difficulties with.

I finished the entire of normal mode with my wife, and we just used stuff dropped for us. I killed Diablo at lv32 and i've got 1300HP, and about 450dps. Most of my gear is Rare's, a couple of Magicals, and Legendary belt. I died a few times through the game, but that was just due to me charging in like a loon because it was hilarious :D

Maybe its just me, but I think buying everything from the AH just spoils the game. *shrug*

Exactly, you've done normal. The higher levels are impossible without the AH unless you are the 1 in a billion who gets exactly the drops they need. The game is that hard. The fact you said 'sail through the game' shows how little you know, even the builds that have now been nerfed couldn't sail through it.

Associate
The AH feels like cheating so much. Setting a price limit to your search as low as you want and you still find something better than what you currently have equipped. I can get pretty much what's best available to my level for ~1000gold.

When selling stuff i put my stuff ridiculously cheap, otherwise my inventory will be full of rares but the stuff wouldn't have sold. Sticking everything on for cheap gets them sold quickly and allows you to put more stuff on there sooner.

Soldato

This isn't a million miles off my thoughts so far on things, maybe because I have had some half decent drops, but I haven't felt the need to go to the AH at all.

Maybe things will change when I get to Hell/Inferno, but I hope that by that point I will be playing more multiplayer with friends and then able to share equipment between the 2, 3 or 4 of us as I know that I am picking up a lot of decent stuff for other classes but cannot be used by WD.

From memory at the end of Act 4, I was running around 3k HP and damage of about 380 at level 32. Currently on Nightmare I am on 3.8k HP and damage has gone to just over 500 and am trying to get my gem levels up as only found out yesterday how many gem classes there were :eek:

Associate
Farming, farming, farming, this is what diablo is.

You progress as far as possible, then if you get stuck, you go back and farm the last set of quests/acts whatever was at a manageable difficulty until you gear up enough to be able to progress.

If you don't like it then you can either:
1) Stop playing Diablo.
2) Do Normal difficulty with all the characters, this will give you maybe 30-40hours of gameplay? Then goto 1.

Or wait for Torchlight 2 where the best items will drop instantly and no farming will be needed.

Soldato

*snip*

Totally agree with you, it's a bit like cheating really. I won't be buying anything.

TMP

TMP

Associate
So I have the pony level staff, not sure if its worth upgrading it to Inferno though, anyone have experience with farming it? Is it better worse than doing the normal acts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom