Hearts of Iron 4

Permabanned
You create a frontline against the country you want to invade and then create an offensive line within that country. Just right click and drag where you want to invade up to.

If you're asking how to setup a complex plan circumventing rivers and pincer attacks etc I don't know either. I just messes up creating multiple arrows with no divisions assigned.

I know that launching an invasion across rivers, without preparing and with divisions not in position will reduce the bonus to next to nothing.

Man of Honour
would love a mod that essentially disables the cant go to war, have to justify but only can do that at certain points.

its always annoyed me, but cant see any mods to do it.

Man of Honour
yes! there's a royalist mod, which seems to let uk justify on any one.
however invasion of America didn't work. marines wouldn't move, said they lacked intel.
despite me having several fleets on search and destroy around the east coast.
still don't quite understand that mechanic. I know why it exists, I just don't understand why I didn't have intel.

must also remember to set conscription when at war with Ireland early on, next time.

Associate
yes! there's a royalist mod, which seems to let uk justify on any one.
however invasion of America didn't work. marines wouldn't move, said they lacked intel.
despite me having several fleets on search and destroy around the east coast.
still don't quite understand that mechanic. I know why it exists, I just don't understand why I didn't have intel.

must also remember to set conscription when at war with Ireland early on, next time.

The tooltip will tell you what you are missing. For naval invasions you need naval superiority in all sea provinces along the invasion route iirc. Same for paratrooper drops, you need air superiority in all provinces along the drop route.

e: and make sure you invade a port directly, take a port or build a port asap as that's the only way you can supply your invasion.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
lost my current game :(
Germany just steam rolled over Europe and Italy, they had everything. I was uk, pushed them out of Spain and France, but then attrition, just couldn't keep up with weapon manufacture for replacements and essentially all fronts folded.
god know what their manufacturing and resources where, like but must have been massive. Said they had over 1500 divisions.

still finding the declare war, everything gets wrapped into one war stuff annoying. but still fun.

would also like them to include air transport for any unit, sometimes especially if fighting uk, you cant transport by ships but if I took an airport, then I should be able to fly in transports with divisions in, or just move them around my own province faster.

Last edited:
Soldato
Glaucus, so how is this now? I love the series is it worth getting over 3. From 2 to 3 was a good upgrade - is this worthwhile now? Some of the stuff you guys said at the start put me off a bit really.

As an aside I always love playing Communist China for some reason is that part more fleshed out now?

Man of Honour
I cant compare it to the others in the series, but I don't feel the updates have realy fixed anything. some mods do though.

its still fun, but wish they would move faster on more content to round it out.

Man of Honour
It's a slow burner for sure. There is an expansion and patch due around Christmas which should improve upon the base game a lot and the devs have hinted at major code improvements in the future. They have also suggested the game is going to be updated for at least 4 or 5 years.

But as it stands, it just isn't good enough.

Man of Honour
well that game went better, might carry on.
took 5 years to storm japan. after everything else was mopped up. should have made some nukes.

net9qs.jpg

Soldato
It's a slow burner for sure. There is an expansion and patch due around Christmas which should improve upon the base game a lot and the devs have hinted at major code improvements in the future. They have also suggested the game is going to be updated for at least 4 or 5 years.

But as it stands, it just isn't good enough.

Shame, but i'll buy it when it is.

Man of Honour
I don't know, is there a way to see after the peace conference?
but its lots, service by requirement and every modifier I could find. The couple at the bottom of mobile warfare doctrine make a large difference.

never play historical, it was odd how all of Europe went axis. and soviet went its own faction, and japan went its own faction.

took back Africa first, pushed up through Italy and headed straight for berlin, then realised there national unity was so high, push out to the sides. then sat replenishing for about a year then pushed through Russia and east asia. then my god did I get stuck taking japan homeisland.

that's another gripe, including the population boost in mobile warfare, means 90% of countries you need to go that doctrine.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
There is a stats tab I think for after the peace conference. Would love to know what you lost. I haven't got that far myself. I gave up playing as Germany when Romania sent me 130 divisions as an expeditionary force and they ate my supply line. They then didn't keep enough on their own border and promptly got invaded. It was a ridiculous AI decision.

Man of Honour
If you can tell me where said stat page is I'll have a look. I carried on, turned fascist. Now killing any independent state.
100 military factories, 800 civilian factories. Don't know what to do.there's not enough steel in the world for my production line.

Man of Honour
I tried having a look but couldn't find it

Yeah I've tried playing.small nations and 99% of the time doesn't end well, at least they generallybdont last long either.

Man of Honour
I take back a little of what I said earlier. I hadn't played with the latest patch. It's actually a vast improvement. But I'm having a more pressing issue and wondering if I am the only one. Using my new MSI laptop, the game throws me back to the desktop with alarming regularity. It's not a hard crash but I have to Alt F4 out of the game to reset. I've lost quite a few weeks of my save unfortunately. Paradox aren't being a lot of help either. :mad:

One thing that has been suggested - apparently it doesn't like 120Hz and I should specifiy 60Hz in the settings text file. I've done this, but it doesn't stick. After play, the file has reset to the default.

Back
Top Bottom