*** Battlefield 1 ***

Soldato
I don't see any problem with origin access either. It's £4 for a month. And what you get is ridiculous - all of the Crysis games, all of the modern battlefields, Mass effect 123 plus a few great indie games like Torchlight, the banner saga and Trine. Then a 10% discount on anything bought from the store, buy £40 worth of games cause you enjoyed them and you've made your money back. So if you are a new PC gamer, get it for a month to try some must play PC games and add the ones you like to your library.

This is before the early access stuff. And it's not like I am paying £4 extra for to play BF1 a few days early. I'm playing £4 to try BF1 for 10 hours and then I can make a decision whether to buy it. Had this been around for BF4 it would have saved me £60.

It's £4

Give EA a few more years and it will be Origin Access 6 months + exclusive play time before release. You will essentially have to pay a monthly sub (something the vast majority of people say they will never pay) to play a game you have already paid for. Just its 'early access' and not a subscription fee.

Man of Honour
Give EA a few more years and it will be Origin Access 6 months + exclusive play time before release. You will essentially have to pay a monthly sub (something the vast majority of people say they will never pay) to play a game you have already paid for. Just its 'early access' and not a subscription fee.

Im an MMOer, so Im used to paying to play a game I've already paid for, so wouldnt be anything different to me. I often think of players of WoW, imagine some who bought WoW when it first came out and is still playing today, thats 12 years at something like 8.99 a month, so thats ...er...over £1000 , plus having to pay for the expansions during that time too.

Thing is, even if EA did that, people would still pay because what we gamers SAY we will or wont do , is very different from what we actually do. As highlighted by the hundreds of occurrences on here where people say Im not buying so and so, no way ! And then a month later they crop up in a thread for the game and it turns out that they bought it after all because a mate did or because they were bored etc

Last edited:
Caporegime
the simple thing is though you are caught in a trap if you like bf games.

even if you dont like the process they know you want to play so your basically screwed.

Yup precisely.

This is why it is even more important that people vote with their wallets but as usual, with the gaming community, people just whine but end up bending over anyway and taking whatever is thrown their way.

Just imagine if people never started buying into DLC crap, we might actually get the full game from day 1 rather than having ideas/parts of it cut for DLC purposes or/and still be getting DLC for free. This is where I applaud R* and CD projekt red when it comes to DLC stuff!

I don't see any problem with origin access either. It's £4 for a month. And what you get is ridiculous - all of the Crysis games, all of the modern battlefields, Mass effect 123 plus a few great indie games like Torchlight, the banner saga and Trine. Then a 10% discount on anything bought from the store, buy £40 worth of games cause you enjoyed them and you've made your money back. So if you are a new PC gamer, get it for a month to try some must play PC games and add the ones you like to your library.

This is before the early access stuff. And it's not like I am paying £4 extra for to play BF1 a few days early. I'm playing £4 to try BF1 for 10 hours and then I can make a decision whether to buy it. Had this been around for BF4 it would have saved me £60.

It's £4

And if this proves to be extremely popular, how will you feel come the time EA up the price to £10/15/20 a month and/or make it games exclusive to EA access for longer and/or solely only for EA access members?

As shown, people are already willing to pay up to £104 for a game so what is another £10-20 to them.

qOlDIqYh.jpg

Thing is, even if EA did that, people would still pay because what we gamers SAY we will or wont do , is very different from what we actually do. As highlighted by the hundreds of occurrences on here where people say Im not buying so and so, no way ! And then a month later they crop up in a thread for the game and it turns out that they bought it after all because a mate did or because they were bored etc

Embarrassingly yup :( :o

I have learnt my lesson from bf 3 and 4 and given how the majority of games nowadays are released in an unsatisfactory state and I won't be buying into any more season passes/premium (last one I bought was for the division and I regret it big time and before that bf 3 + 4 [of which was mostly a waste of money as well])

It really is embarrassing how people still keep pre-ordering and buying into season passes etc. despite getting slapped in the face more or less every single time, aside from star wars battlefront, hardline, alien isolation, doom and GTA 5 (ignoring the awful download process), I can't think of any other games that have been released in the last 1-3 years that have ran satisfactorily on release day/week 1.

Last edited:
Soldato
And if this proves to be extremely popular, how will you feel come the time EA up the price to £10/15/20 a month and/or make it games exclusive to EA access for longer and/or solely only for EA access members?

As shown, people are already willing to pay up to £104 for a game so what is another £10-20 to them.

I'll probably won't buy it. But right now it is £4.

Just £4. Not £10/15/20 a month. It's not required to play the game. I'm not paying £104 for a game, I don't know the mindset of those who do.

£4. To make an informed decision about buying BF1 - I don't preorder. Had it been around for BF4 I wouldn't have bought it.

Caporegime
I'll probably won't buy it. But right now it is £4.

Just £4. Not £10/15/20 a month. It's not required to play the game. I'm not paying £104 for a game, I don't know the mindset of those who do.

£4. To make an informed decision about buying BF1 - I don't preorder. Had it been around for BF4 I wouldn't have bought it.

Look at how DLC first started out and where it is now :p It is small steps atm and might seem great value for money etc. but once EA have people trapped behind another paywall, before you know it, it will evolve to a whole other level and there won't be any turning back unless people decide they have had enough and cancel their subscriptions forcing EA to go back to the drawing board but we all know that this won't happen :p :D

AFAIk, this is the first year for EA access where they have their most demanded franchises/games being released so this will be their first big testing phase for EA access to see just how popular it will/could be and if successful come the next big releases, they will take it another step further, could be longer exclusivity, higher price or whatever and then come the next game releases, they will take the program to another level and so on.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a free trial for bf 1 within the first month or so regardless of EA access anyway. Back when bf 4 was released, EA/origin didn't have the trial/demo program, it is not something that is exclusive to EA access.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom