Soldato
Current Promotion:

Half Off New Memberships

http://www.iracing.com/half-off//

1 Month - $6
3 Months - $15
1 Year - $49.50
2 Years - $89.50

• Unlimited head-to-head racing and open practice 24/7 in the world’s premier online sim racing service.
  • 6 Cars and 8 tracks included and modeled flawlessly after their real-world counterparts,
  • Race against drivers from around the globe in several officially sanctioned series,
  • Both rookie road and oval racing licenses to get your career started.
  • Create custom race leagues or fun race sessions for you and your friends.
  • Experience our interactive iRacing video driving school.

I have been dubious, but at that price, rude not to :)

Oddly, I was looking at this early this morning and nearly subbed at the normal $12 for one month fee - lol

Anyone up for a "noob" OcUK iRacing Series :)

Last edited:
Associate
No need to be dubious of iRacing, its simply the best there is, nothing esle comes close to what they provide for the subs (and the rest of the content).

Soldato
subscription + micro-transactions do not go well together. i will never pay for both
i agree, if they are going to charge that much for subscription, there is no hope in hell i would pay more on top of that to unlock cars and tracks.
if it was just the subscription alone, or you got the basic sim on its own with a few cars and tracks for a flat one of price, then had to pay to unlock better cars etc then i would possibly consider, but Subs + Micro transaction, sorry but they can shove the 3 for 1 month deal! I love sim racing, but not that much.

they are asking far too much!
cant even try it out before you put your money down:mad:.

Associate
it does look good but, i told my self i will never pay a sub to play a game ill stick to rfactor...

not really into any of the cars they have on there either id spend all my time in that williams f1 car...

Soldato
Is it a major disadvantage not to play with a wheel and pedals? Might take a look for 12 dolla but only have access to a analog pad

Holy cow, 30k members @ $12/m = £360,000. A month!

Not sure if that 30k figure is active members or not but it doesn't quite work out like that, most of the active members will have a yearly sub for $99, and then you can earn back upto $40 ingame credits, 'kinda' making it $59 for a year (assuming you'd be buying the content/hosted sessions for the $40 anyway...)

i agree, if they are going to charge that much for subscription, there is no hope in hell i would pay more on top of that to unlock cars and tracks.
if it was just the subscription alone, or you got the basic sim on its own with a few cars and tracks for a flat one of price, then had to pay to unlock better cars etc then i would possibly consider, but Subs + Micro transaction, sorry but they can shove the 3 for 1 month deal! I love sim racing, but not that much.

they are asking far too much!
cant even try it out before you put your money down:mad:.

That's basically what these offers are, and they're pretty much constant, $12 is a nothing and gives you the basic package for plenty of time to see if it's for you or not.

Ultimately it is what it is, even with the release of CARS and rFactor2 it is, imo, still the best sim out there, needs some work in some areas, and missing some features, but it's constantly developed (one thing the sub goes on is the quarterly dev cycle) and the tracks in particular are stunning due to the laser scanning.

The main bit though is the online system/competitions, and SR/iRating that makes it a much better place to race online than 'normal' (eg non-league) races in other sims.

I've been a member constantly since 2008 at the last invitation stage, and been at 100% content (eg lots of monies) for a couple of years or so, and it's been worth every penny.

Associate
iracing annoys me. I have never driven a real life car where i cant see the bonnet/front of the bonnet.

I just dont know where the wheels are half the time. This makes me very inconsistent and normally result in me bouncing over kurbs :/

The tracks however are perfect.

Associate
iracing annoys me. I have never driven a real life car where i cant see the bonnet/front of the bonnet.

I just dont know where the wheels are half the time. This makes me very inconsistent and normally result in me bouncing over kurbs :/

The tracks however are perfect.

i cant see the bonnet in most if not all the cars i have drove..

not a hope can you see the bonnet in my civic type r ep3...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yes. You do get a bunch of stuff from the off though.

To be fair, the assets I have seen seem very well done.

The idea I guess is to master what you have or buy a track if you really like it.

For example, I will be buying Brands Hatch as I LOVE the track. You do get both the regualr and GP versions.

Either way, if your a Sim racing fan, $12 for 3 months is a no brainer.

Associate
yeah thats not bad to try it, but i dont like any of the cars it offers to start with and the only track i like is laguna seca.

so id have to buy stuff right away...

im still tempted tho.

is it web based or is there some downloading involved?

Soldato
OP
Client is downloaded via the website once you login.

The Main UI is web based and you launch the game from within the browser. All seems very well polished though and not "cheap" looking and is very quick.

The game/community is very stats driven from what I can tell so a web based UI makes sense.

I only tried it after seeing the developer is the guy who was the lead developer on Grand Prix Legends - lol, well, not just that, the game does have a good rep with those who play.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom