**** Star Wars: Battlefront ****

Soldato
Now, I am a big Star Wars fan. I used to spend hours on the old Jedi Academy, Outcase and loved it being on the Quake engine with nearly endless possibilities. Battlefront was a good game back in the day, but never really captured me the same as if I wished it was done by the creators of the Battlefield series..EA/DICE. Now that news has been announced, I can really see the new Battlefront being really sick with the Frostbite 3 engine, I really hope a good job is done on this. I expect it will be due to the original closure of Lucasarts, so EA will want to impress, along with they want to try and not have the golden poo award for 3 years in a row. Due to DICE already developing for PC and loving to show what their engine can do, I can only assume this title will make it's way onto the dominant hardware.

See the teaser here:

I'm so excited to see the development of this game.

Permabanned
If you can't wait for this, you could try the star wars multiplayer mod for mount and blade warband called Bear Force.

Its set in the clone wars and is very good for a warband mod.

Gigantic pvp battles.

Associate
I really liked BF1 - I thought the addition of playable jedi made BF2 utterly bobbins. Hopefully this one should get back to the 'disposable trooper' feel of the original.

Associate
I really liked BF1 - I thought the addition of playable jedi made BF2 utterly bobbins. Hopefully this one should get back to the 'disposable trooper' feel of the original.

I hope so too, but sadly "being a Jedi" is like the main selling point for most Star Wars related games which is really upsetting when there is so much more. Hopefully they can move past using that has a big selling point, but with the more recent Force Unleashed games I fear we might see them making an appearance just to please the masses.

Associate
I hope they leave the jedi out of this game.

I want to fly X-Wings/TIE Fighters and generally blow things up with lasers and missles. O and ordering around a Star Destroyer to pound ground targets would just get me all giddy.

Soldato
OP
I hope they leave the jedi out of this game.

I want to fly X-Wings/TIE Fighters and generally blow things up with lasers and missles. O and ordering around a Star Destroyer to pound ground targets would just get me all giddy.

I hope they don't that's one of the reasons I love SW games so much anyway :)

Caporegime
there is just no way they can add jedi to the game without making them over powered and ruining the balance of the game and DICE aren't exactly good at this already with vehicles and infantry + weapons in the battlefield games......... so imagine what it would be like having a guy who can block incoming fire, cut through anything, push/pull people, fire lightning, force grip stuff etc. :p

In BF 2 they just completely owned (as they should do) but they just didn't have any real purpose/reason to be in the game.

As for x wings/tie fighters, I hope to god that DICE keep that completely separate from the on ground, infantry battles :o :p, I don't want to have some nooby couple who spend their entire gameplay time in aircraft flying over and raping the ground non stop....... :p Just have the basic classes, engineer, sniper, assault, medic/support, transport vehicles and a few tanks.

All they have to do is keep the same "ground work" of BF 1 and 2 and improve upon it and tweak a few things, I'll be amazed if they **** this game up! :p :(

Back
Top Bottom