Hearts of Iron 4

Associate
Any chance they are going to fix the midgame mega slowdown to a crawl from the previous one ?.
That really put me off playing it anymore as you kinda just get stuck at a certain point, which is rather annoying when you have put a lot of time into it only for it to become unplayable.

Lets hope the HOI4 will be better :).

Soldato
I've loved the previous ones so this will be a day 1 purchase for me. I am hoping they will put a bit more attention into the events in Asia because I've had a few really good games playing as Communist China but the inbuilt events really work against you.

Soldato
This, along with Stellaris, are going to be instant orders as soon as they are available on Steam. Loved Hearts of Iron 3 and this looks pretty darn good as well.

I've been following this game for quite a long time now and to finally have a release date is awesome.

Soldato
Hope it isn't being to dumbed down compared to HoI3. You should be able to put "Being proficient at Hearts of Iron 3" down on your CV, and have it universally recognised as a qualification equivalent to a PhD or similar.

Soldato
Hope it isn't being to dumbed down compared to HoI3. You should be able to put "Being proficient at Hearts of Iron 3" down on your CV, and have it universally recognised as a qualification equivalent to a PhD or similar.

Yes you should be able to, and I consider it my 2nd degree.

:)

Soldato

I still haven't modded HoI3. I might do that to keep me occupied while waiting for Stellaris and HoI4.

BlackICE sounds cool from what I have read about it.

Associate
OP
I actually bought the base edition on kinguin for £19 a month ago but i'm very temped to go for the field marshal edition off the official site so paradox get all the money.
£68 is a lot of money but its a game I could get 1000 hours out of so it seems worth it.

Soldato
I do hope it's a little bit easier than hoi3 tbh, I love the time period and the depth of the game but really felt overwhelmed by hoi3, still will be buying anyway!

Man of Honour
It'a a fairly typical Paradox title in that respect. There is always a reasonable learning curve. This time however the have ditched the need for fuel/oil so the most difficult aspect of HOI3 (ie supply on the frontline) has been removed. They've actually dumbed it down to suit the majority of people.

I am still enjoying HOI 3, with the mod HPP. Ironically it's like HOI 4 from all accounts :)

Soldato
I have a strategy these days with Paradox games of not buying them until there are at least a couple of major DLC packs released, and then will only buy them when they go on a steam sale, which they seem to do even after only a few months. Did it with EU4 and will be doing it with Stellaris also. The first few DLC packs invariably significantly improve the base game as well as adding extra content, so I personally would rather continue to play the old finished games, i.e. HOI3, and wait until the new games have been fleshed out.

Soldato
HOI2 was a great game but I never got into HOI3, it seemed overly complex, and this is coming from someone who has racked up many hundreds of hours in EU4 and enjoyed the complexity of CK2. In HOI3 the complexity seemed unnecessary.

It's great to see them take a step back from that and make HOI4 more streamlined, I think it'll be a day one purchase for me. Stellaris on the other hand is a brand new genre for them, I'll give them a couple of DLC packs and patches to get it to where they want it to go before picking that up.

Back
Top Bottom