How is this for a WC setup?

Associate
Hi all,

I'd like to run this past you guys if I may. I have a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, a 6700k and sli FE 1080's.

I'm intending to water cool the lot as its sill noisy. I wanted to use a 360 rad up top and a 280 rad up front (two 360's is a REAL squeeze). The circuit I intended to use was 1080's - 360 - cpu - 280 - pump - -1080's. The pump I wanted to use was the DDC310.

How does that sound?

Soldato
Yay the loop order question again :D

Only thing to be sure of is that there is a res supplying the pump so it has no risk of running dry, no impact on temps what so ever. I've got a single D5 powering roughly the same, its fine and I only run it at about 50%.

Associate
OP
Ha! I know what you're saying. I've made a start already though by fitting one water block (I'm only using the other 1080 atm, tough life...!) and I've fitted the front rad and fans. I'll have it done by the weekend for sure. I'll post a pic and some benchmark temp tests on here once sorted. Its a functional build rather than cosmetic though. The only concession to looks I've made are some big chunky 19mm tubing (I like the Scan 3XS wc builds which use big tubing) and uv green coolant.

Associate
OP
Here's where I'm at.

I had a leak early on which gave the top gpu a slight bath. I know this means stripping it down, I'm building up to that!

It seams that adding a front rad destroys any hope of using the cases built in or accessory pump mounts so I had to make a new mounting plate which I painted and has turned out very well.

The psu fan is louder than the pump, I'm amazed at the rate at which it flows too,very pleased.

I'll stick another pickup once it's all working again.

Associate
OP
I've been playing Siege for about an hour now and I'm getting about 55oC under load across all components. This is actually a decline in performance for the cpu. The H110 I had before did a better job with that.

The 1080's are juuuuust starting to adjust their oc as they get to mid 50's.

Associate
OP
Well it's always been an sli and 6700k setup just with fe blower coolers and an h110. There's still some tweaking needed and I did go for the cheapest radiators I could! My reason was aio coolers use budget radiators and cool fantastically so these being of a similar quality should function just as well.

Associate
OP
With the system fans set to max I can keep temps at or below 55oC. I'm going to try flushing bleeding the system some more I think to see if there is any air trapped anywhere preventing use of the radiators full surface area. I might also replace the top 360 rad with something much thicker.

Associate
OP
It'll probably fit on its own or maybe with using a 240mm front rad. I've used a 280mm front rad and now I cannot fit a thicker 360 in there at all.

I'll take a pic tomorrow and post it up.

Ref my setup I've ordered some better fans for the 360mm rad. The current setup has the fans above the rad pulling air through however, its weak without much oomph to the air flow. They wouldn't fit on the push side as they hit the fittings. I plan to trim some cut outs in the fan housing to clear the fittings in order to fit them on the push side. I thought I may as well upgrade them to some F3 Vardars whilst I'm at it.

Associate
You want all the rad fans to be intakes,as it stands your pulling the warm air displaced from the front rad through the top rad,this is extremely inefficient and will have a noticeable impact on your loop performance

Back
Top Bottom