Hard acrylic & barb fitting

Associate
So I currently have a custom water cooled loop!

My GPU is a Inno3d gtx980ti, I stripped the custom water cooling from the GPU, behind it all the two standard black tubes coming from the motor on the GPU are connected to 2 black barbs!

I want to swap out my flexible tubes for hard acrylic tubes, this tubing obviously needs compression fittings, is there anyway to connect the hard tubing to the two (feed & return) barbs on the GPU motor?

Thanks guys

Associate
Ah! So the pump is within the radiator housing. Now I understand.

If you want to connect hard tubing you will need push fit connections or compression fittings. The later being the preferred method. It is not possible to connect hard tubing to barbs.

Let's get technical.

You mention a custom loop. Is this the AIO cooler you refer to. Generally, a custom loop is designed piece by piece. An AIO loop would not be considered custom.

Are the barbs on both ends of the AIO, at radiator and GPU block. We need to be clear in order to offer the best advice.

In terms of connecting hard tubing to barbs, it's really not possible. You've got two options

1) find a way to remove the barbs and replace; or
2) buy a GPU block.

Option 2 won't help if there are barbs on the radiator.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the feedback and info mate, the water cooling block that is attached to the heatsink in the GPU is all one unit, the barbs are molded into the unit! I will take another look but I'm pretty sure the I will not be able to remove the barbs and swap them out for a 1/4 compression fitting!

Associate
I wonder of behind the original tubing the barbs would screw out?

I can't answer this without looking at the unit. it's quite possible they are welded into place.

The EK block you linked will fit your card.

I am unsure what you are trying to achieve though. If you want hard tubing your going to need a new pump and possibly rad. it seems like a lot of effort to go through for what you will get.

Can you post a picture of your computer from the side with the side panel off?

Back
Top Bottom