No disadvantage to running a EK Supremacy Evo uspide down?

Man of Honour
Probably a silly question but can anybody see any problems with running a EK Supremacy Evo upside down, (turned 180 degrees)? It's not as if I will be mounting it vertically (goofy mount) because it will still be horizontal but the other way around. I can't see any problem with it and it will simplify my tubing layout.

Soldato
Ridiculous idea - How do you expect it to work when the little round silver EK badge will be the wrong way up???!!!

Nah, go for it. I have mine rotated 90º with not the slightest bit of difference in performance. Long as you get the IN and OUT connected the right way, it's all good!!

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks guys but it's not 90 degrees that I asked about, Goofy would be a even worse tubing layout for me. As I said in my op, it's 180 degrees so the same orientation as it is now but upside down. I really can't see any problems but just wanted to check first. Even 2 degrees worse off would be nothing with my windowsill mounted rads. Winter is coming so will be back to single figure water temps again soon. :D:D:D

Associate
Thanks guys but it's not 90 degrees that I asked about, Goofy would be a even worse tubing layout for me. As I said in my op, it's 180 degrees so the same orientation as it is now but upside down. I really can't see any problems but just wanted to check first. Even 2 degrees worse off would be nothing with my windowsill mounted rads. Winter is coming so will be back to single figure water temps again soon. :D:D:D

:D:cool:

Soldato
Thanks guys but it's not 90 degrees that I asked about,
One of the reasons I went for this block was that it's touted as being mountable whichever way up without a loss in performance.

The ultimate performance mod - spinning the EK badge 180 degrees to match the block. It'll be hard to achieve, but it needs to be done. I shall be undertaking this mammoth task myself.
EKWB actually have a minimum order value, so if you have to get a spare part off them or something then the easiest way to make up the cost is to order a 5-pack of little silver badges!

Back
Top Bottom