PlusNet Broadband Experiences - Please Share

Soldato
Hi Guys

I'd really like to hear about all experiences of PlusNet broadband, good or bad.

I've just tried calling their customer technical support as a test, and it told me to expect a 30 minute wait. The impression I get is that the service is good value, but that the customer support takes a long time to get through to.

What are your experiences, please share them.

Many thanks :)

Soldato
Only been with them for a couple of weeks so not had much need to use the CS but the speed and stability are fine so far!

The one time I had to ask them something just prior to install, I just went on the webchat and got through straight away and they even offered to ring me the following day to make sure everything went through OK!

No complaints....so far.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Cheap and cheerful. You'll have to pay more if you want fast support response times.

What's your budget?

Don
I have been with Plusnet since October - one issue which was related to the installation, and that was dealt with decently.

30 minute wait to be fair is not much worse than e.g. Talk Talk or EE offer, and at least at the end of it you get through to a UK based call centre, and so have a reasonable chance of them understanding what you say.

They do list average call wait time on their website (or used to, so you can see before even trying to call them.

Best point of call for Support however seems to be their forum, as within 5 minutes of posting on there, I had a response from an agent, who then arranged a phone call to me.

Don
They're UK based which is a massive plus.

I always use live chat when I can for everything now. Seems to yield the quickest outcome with minimal bother. I can carry on doing something on the other screen instead of waiting on the phone.

Moved to Plusnet about 8 months ago, it's been flawless, so I've never had to contact them.

I'd happily recommend them to others.

Associate
Been with PlusNet for over 10 years. A part from one issue which took a few weeks to remedy everything else seems to be dealt with quite competently. Posting on the forums seems to get the best/quickest response for me.

Soldato
been with them 7 months been fine so far. Though i have been tempted to move to BT broadband to get BT sport for champions league as its not on itv anymore :(

Soldato
Though i have been tempted to move to BT broadband to get BT sport for champions league as its not on itv anymore :(

I got my dad to re-contract with BT (which he was going to do anyway!) to get the BT Sports pack for free and then I just use his login on the BT Sports app on my phone and beam it onto my TV with my Chromecast! :D

Find someone who has BT and blag them into letting you use their access!

Soldato
I got my dad to re-contract with BT (which he was going to do anyway!) to get the BT Sports pack for free and then I just use his login on the BT Sports app on my phone and beam it onto my TV with my Chromecast! :D

Find someone who has BT and blag them into letting you use their access!

BT Sport is no longer free for BT Broadband customers, even old customers who had it for free are being charged for it now.

As for Plusnet i have been with them for 3 hours and so far cant fault them, there was a delay getting my internet switched over but Plusnet support were very quick to get back to me and let me know what was happening.

Here is a comparison of Sky Vs Plusnet on my line
RRIHpar.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
On the whole it's good for the money you pay. It's nice they have a UK based customer service BUT it does take time when you need to call them. If your looking for quick service look elsewhere but you will pay more.

There have been some changes recently which aren't great, for example they have completely changed the ticketing system so it is a nightmare to use.

Take a look of the community forums http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php in particular the Feedback forum.

Associate
Been with plusnet a year and cant fault them. Have the 80/20 fibre product. Pings are low 7 ms at peak times, speeds are good.

Only experienced contacting support once as internet was dropping often, sent a new router in the post - sorted the issue.

Having virgin 100mb installed tuesday but will keep plusnet as had no issues and price is great :D

Associate
I joined at the beginning of the year as I needed a Static IP and the only way to do it through BT was to upgrade to a business account, I think not. I had major problems with speeds at the beginning and had 2 engineers out. The last one done an IP Profile reset and, touch wood, have been at almost 80/20 since. In terms of customer service, they are UK based (which is a plus) but it depends whom you speak with as to what they can do. I usually use Live Chat (via their website), Twitter or their forums. I did have a 40 min wait once (even at 7.30am!) but was persistent. I now have the plusnet IPTV, the entertainment package with HD, landline, and static IP for under £40 a month. Am very happy (touch wood again!).

Associate
I decided to call them the other day about turning off interleaving, the call wait time and the queue system was horrendous and I didn't get through until 22:20 so I thought they were just going to cut the call off, but were surprisingly good about it once I got through :) Interleaving was disabled about 5 minutes after the call even though they said it could take 24 hours.
I think they're an excellent ISP but the recent cost-cutting in call centre staffing seems to have made calling them a bit of an ordeal

Soldato
I've been with Plusnet since last May and I've never had a moments bother with them.

My connection speed has remained pretty constant, but I know I can contact them by phone in the UK or via their support forums if I have a problem and should get a pretty quick response.

Soldato
Had them since the beginning this month and the speed has been really good.

Only had issues moving to them which was more sky's fault :D

Back
Top Bottom