*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

Associate
The price does add up if you need to buy the extras, which is why I couldnt recommend the Pi2 over something like a Amazon Fire Stick, however with the Pi Zero being like £4, it means you can most likely get a pretty good setup for under £10. e.g. £4 Pi, £4 Wifi dongle, £1 USB OTG cable, £1 Mini HDMI adaptor. You shouldnt need power as the TV's USB should easily power it.

The fire stick doesn't do 24p

This is why the pi should be no1 choice if you watch any 24p content.

24p problem applies to every android box too.

Soldato
The fire stick doesn't do 24p

This is why the pi should be no1 choice if you watch any 24p content.

24p problem applies to every android box too.

Yeah thats true but to be honest most of the people I recommend to generally dont even know what 24p is, let alone care about it. They just want something cheap that they can stream from.

The Fire Stick does have some advantages, like decent iPlayer/Netflix apps.

Soldato
Well guys i couldnt wait and got myself a MXQ Pro, currently running @4k@30hz and 4k@24hz not to shabby :D

though the software on it is a bit old

4.4.2 kitkat,

Is there no way to update the firmware on these boxes to android 5.1.1 lollipop ????
cant seem to find version 5.0 or 5.1 or 5.1.1 for that matter though not sure exactly how to go about updating the firmware as im new to these boxes lol

Last edited:

maj

maj

Soldato
What streams you watching in 4k? Trust if you prefer.

I use a pi2 so it works differently for me but there's probably an apk file you can download to update the firmware. Has the box got it's own website with updates on it?

Soldato
What streams you watching in 4k? Trust if you prefer.

I use a pi2 so it works differently for me but there's probably an apk file you can download to update the firmware. Has the box got it's own website with updates on it?

I dont think there is anything out there yet with native 4k content to view on it
i set the display @4k30hz and watched stuff that way everything i watched was being upscaled via the box @4k that i viewed, youtube 4k videos look good.

and about the MXQ website, there does not seem to be one ?????? cant fine support anywhere about it lol

maj

maj

Soldato
Ah I see. Yeah I was stuggling to find 4k content hence the question. I know with some android tablets that the manufacturer stops putting out updates after awhile so you might be stuck with kit kit unless someone else has any suggestions. If you are able to update Kodi itself though I think you should be OK with the OS being an older version.

Soldato
Well yeah all the box was going to be used was for KODI anyway and it runs sweet with and version kodi i want to install ect :D

THE BEAST :D

apart from the os 4.4.2. kitkat is whats going to have to stay

though im think in the future im going to give this box to my bro, and get another one with 5.1.1 android and the amlogic 902 chip though all im finding is 1gb of ram on those boxes instead of 2gb, less ram runs into less things running in the background on the box so might have to do some more research :D

Soldato
I know - this will have been asked a hundred times before but I'm looking for recommendations on buying a box with a budget of about £50 Max. I'm after a plug and play solution as I'm not that fussed about mucking about with installing different builds. Doesn't need to be 4k as my LG LN575 is only 1080p.

Ta in advance.

Associate
Quick and probably simple question. (Openelec 6.0.0 running on a Nuc)

Every time I restart kodi the wifi has to be manually turned back on in the settings, is there any way to make it do it automatically? It's only started doing it since I upgraded to 6. Oh and Wifi is down to lack of cabling in a new house, I would prefer wired but needs must...

Cheers

Dave

Permabanned
Finally the Aeon MQ6 skin is out (a couple of weeks ago, i only noticed this morning) and it looks even better than the last one IMO. Goodbye Nox hello again MQ :)

Don
Quick and probably simple question. (Openelec 6.0.0 running on a Nuc)

Every time I restart kodi the wifi has to be manually turned back on in the settings, is there any way to make it do it automatically? It's only started doing it since I upgraded to 6. Oh and Wifi is down to lack of cabling in a new house, I would prefer wired but needs must...

Cheers

Dave

Are you connecting via 5ghz? Try a 2.4ghz network and see if the same issue occurs (disable 5ghz on your router as a test).

Which USB wifi adapter are you using? Can you try another? There are tons of different adapters, they sometimes need to add code to support newer ones (even ones that look identical, one can work, but a newer one won't until added)

Associate
Anyone on here running Kodi 15.2 on an Nvidia Shield? Got a strange issue with image stretching. Any widescreen images are being stretched vertically. This completely screws with the aspect ratio and makes the screen overlays completely unusable. I don't have minimise black bars set either.

Associate
Anyone on here running Kodi 15.2 on an Nvidia Shield? Got a strange issue with image stretching. Any widescreen images are being stretched vertically. This completely screws with the aspect ratio and makes the screen overlays completely unusable. I don't have minimise black bars set either.

It's always the simplest answer. Someone in the last few days has knocked the tv remote and changed the aspect ratio setting from 16:9 to auto.

maj

maj

Soldato
Probably something really simple but I've deleted loads of files from my library source but both my films and tv series won't update when I tell it to. It is listing things that don't exist anymore. I know I can delete them myself but kodi should do it for me.

Back
Top Bottom