**NZXT ANNOUNCE THE UPCOMING FANS**

Soldato
So the price may end up moving.. OcUK I think it's competition time! Person to correctly guess the price or closest receives 1 fan for free :D

Soldato
The product page says 8 LEDs. They're pretty, but at that price? Not a chance.

Oh didn't spot that. 8 RGBs isn't that many. I had more than that wired up in my Christmas jumper last year and felt I needed more!

The going rate for a addressable LEDs is about 10p each, plus then we need a PCB, or 4 small strips and a bit of plastic to cover them. The circumference of the fan is compromised by the lightpipe thickness and this will have an effect on the stats of the fan.

Hopefully the price will be a little keener when they get released.

I wouldn't mind seeing these demonstrated in a video as they could look really nice.

Last edited:
Soldato
You could get a substantial performance related upgrade for the cost of fitting a case with those :)

Value for money doesn't have to come into it as long as people are happy to fork out to make their case glow.

Soldato
Is there any other way of controlling rgb colours without that controller?

Arduino, a £3-5 microcontroller off an auction site will control these. There are plenty of programs already written which can be loaded or activated by switches, external sensors or via windows keys if interfaced properly.

arent white leds more expensive than rgb LED's? you can get 300 rgb leds for £5 so they must be using about 600 in each of these fans to justify the price :p

These are slightly different rgb LEDs as they have an integrated circuit and stuff on board each led. Look up neopixel.

Or at least that's what I expect these to be as they can be daisy chained and individually addressed to give the colour effects.

Last edited:
Associate
can anyone confirm if the leds are unidirectional? it seems from the images that the led all point outwards and the fans suck in inwards, this makes it a bit difficult to have them shine light up into the system from a bottom intake right?

Soldato
Cheers, but I'm looking for the 140mm ones?

I haven't seen the 140mm version for sale anywhere in the UK yet... it's only on the US Thermaltake site for $100 as far as I can see. The 120mm version is for sale in the UK, I have them myself although haven't actually installed them yet. Very nice fans though, seem to have the edge over these NZXT ones but it's hard to say from just renders... would have to see in the flesh to compare.

What price were these being touted at then, because all prices seem to have been removed now.

Back
Top Bottom