8Pack super fast smash the rest i5 Skylake Overclocked, Discounted killer GAMING bundle.

Associate
Hi to all. Used HWMonitor and the temps go very high (up to 84C) according to it. That is the TMPIN3 temps so I assume these are the CPU temps? Is it because my case has poor ventilation or is showing nonsense stats? Completely new to overclocking so not really sure. What do I need to do if I want to reset to defaults if the temps are not stable as I tried resetting and the windows wouldn't load. I'm running win 10 btw. Cheers for any help you can provide.

Last edited:
Associate
Well just incase anyone is wondering what the limit is on this setup with the air cooler i maxed out at 4.75Ghz before running into issues.

Backed it down to 4.69Ghz and running rock stable and didnt go above 45c whilst on 3hr Battlefield 1 session. :D

Soldato
Hello Mr 8Pack, you might remember me helping a friend with this late last year.

We might need a warranty replacement.

Its crashing 24/7 now. Even on stock clocks. pushed the voltage up to 1.4 and the Load line voltage to see whether it will boot at all even on stock clocks... It wont. Just keeps rebooting saying overclock failed press F1 to continue.

Any ideas? Was going to try a different PSU. But will wait for your opinion

He has a Sapphire 625W Pure PSU. Which i believe has a fairly decent OEM.

Associate
I have just got my bundle today. I have had a look through this thread to see if there is a working link to the bios put i cant seem to find it. Im new to overclocking, this is my first time so an idiot guide would be great if anyone could help me out please?

Associate
Morning,

I got this bundle a few days ago but couldn't start the build as I've been on night shift.
I have never overclocked before but I am keen to give it a go. I have one quick question regarding the application of the thermal compound, apologies if this has been raised before but I couldn't find results with a search in the forum, What is the general consensus when applying, the grain of rice or line method? I will be using AS 5 with the Alpenföhn Brocken 2 CPU cooler supplied.
Any assistance will be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers
Jim

Associate
As far as I've seen, all tests where people looked at line vs dot vs x etc decided there was no difference between them. The only thing I've seen that's reported to affect temperatures is not putting enough thermal compound on there. Usually, a petit pois sized amount if just the right amount.

Associate
As far as I've seen, all tests where people looked at line vs dot vs x etc decided there was no difference between them. The only thing I've seen that's reported to affect temperatures is not putting enough thermal compound on there. Usually, a petit pois sized amount if just the right amount.

Thanks Aa83 for reply. Yes I did do a Google search on the subject and like you say tests show not much difference between each application, was just wondering what method "experienced" individuals used to obtain best results. I will try the pea sized method as per your advice, thanks again.

Jim

Associate
Just fitting the brocken 2 cooler to the cpu bracket, can someone please advise as to how tight this is screwed down, concerned i might be putting too much force onto chip.
Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom