What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Ghostbusters

I thought it was just ok, I don't think it deserved the hate it got but it wasn't a good movie in my opinion. There were some very funny bits and I thought Kate McKinnon was the best part of the movie. I still detest Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones I found to be just loud and annoying and Kristen Wiig was fine but didn't stand out either good or bad.

I'll give it a 4/10.

Associate
100% agree, thought I'd hate given all the negative feedback and reviews but found it thoroughly enjoyable, loved all the cameos and the bronze egon statue, decent fun flick from beginning to end :)

I ignored a lot of the negative feedback and saw Ghostbusters in 3D while it when it first came out. Loved it. Quite looking forward to watching it again once it's out on Bluray, hopefully with extended scenes.

I think a fair few of the vocal haters haven't actually seen it.

I watched Independence Day: Resurgence last night. Now that deserves every single negative review it got. Oh dear.

Soldato
I watched Independence Day: Resurgence last night. Now that deserves every single negative review it got. Oh dear.

They just got it so wrong, the first film wasn't going to win any academy awards in terms of plot but it romped along in a cheesy and predictable fashion, nowt too much wrong with that.

Resurgence on the other hand took the cheese to a whole new level and then just seemed to think making the aliens "bigger" in terms of the hardware and physical size would be enough. It's a shame as it could have been an "easy win" in terms of box office but they just completely screwed it up!

Soldato
OP
Prometheus - 5/10

Have seen it before but not for a couple of years. Honestly the whole film is plot hole followed by plot hole. It made as much logical sense as Sharknado but with a huge budget.

Gave it 5 for effects, acting and just generally love the universe. AvP 1 and 2 were more entertaining and less frustrating for me.

Associate
They just got it so wrong, the first film wasn't going to win any academy awards in terms of plot but it romped along in a cheesy and predictable fashion, nowt too much wrong with that.

Resurgence on the other hand took the cheese to a whole new level and then just seemed to think making the aliens "bigger" in terms of the hardware and physical size would be enough. It's a shame as it could have been an "easy win" in terms of box office but they just completely screwed it up!

Eek, not seen it but it boggles the mind how things like this can be so screwed up. So many talented people out there that the millions of $ can draw upon, how do they produce such turds? Should be criminal!

Caporegime
Magnificent 7 7.7/10

Nothing amazing stands out at all. Its entertaining but ultimately forgettable.

Chris Pratt 1 liners keep the comedy barely afloat.

Meh see it for 2for1 but its sadly average. Good start, boring middle, ok ending.

Soldato
Room - 8/10

Not something I would normally watch but seen a few mention it on here so thought I'de give it a watch. Neally turned it off turned it off after 20mins glad I didn't easily one of my favourite films the missus was in tears and the part where he wanted to cut his hair and the ending gave me a lump in my throat.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Deepwater Horizon

Interesting dramatisation of the BP oil rig disaster. Pretty good and if it is all true, those BP men in suits should have gone to jail and they deserved every penny of fine they got.

A little slow start, but good characterisation, really good special effects, all look very real and when it explodes, I was really glad I saw this at the cinema...all by myself.

7/10

Snapped this on the way out.

CK6L8rv.jpg

Soldato
I saw Deepwater Horizon too and probably don't need to say too much more than the above.

However, if you liked that then you would like the Fire in the Night documentary on Piper Alpha. Truly harrowing stories from the survivors.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Kingsglaive - 6.5/10
Typical FF movie. Great battle scenes, amazing CGI, and just a generally good romp. While I could watch the first one again, I doubt I'll ever watch this one again. Aaron Paul did a good job of hiding his whiny voice until the last 1/3. Sean Bean's voice did not suit the king.
The CGI is so good now that it is closer to real than virtual, which makes some of the oddities more apparent.

Associate
Run All Night. Liam Neeson delivers as usual, Ed Harris looks old, really old. Looked like he could appear in the walking dead as is, no make up or anything.

Film was a good one, lots of action from start to finish, 8.5/10.

Soldato
Mrs Peregrine home for peculiar children.

7/10 pretty easy and fun flick to watch, They spell the plot out a little too much for my liking always telling the audience exactly what was happening.

2 bad things. Chris O'Dowd American accent is HORRIBLE and i just dont understand the reason he was cast for this film.

Also the main actor Asa Butterfield is absolutley terrible, he is so wooden in his movements and emotion and his american accent is terrible. The young girl he acts alongside was sooo much better than him

Back
Top Bottom