**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
+2, although for me it's a toss up between the Oneplus 3 and the Mi5s. Pros and Cons for both.

What Op3 gas going for it mainly is custom roms and they have sources for specs, something that Xiaomi lack on or are slow. 6gb but we dont need it.

Mi 5s - good size, excellent camera, ultra sonic fingerprint reader and good price

Associate
I guess manufacturers have to gimp a phone somehow....no OIS and the massive border around the screen is a put off for me.

I'm having second thoughts and thinking of getting Mi5. The 5s has the same camera found in the Pixel phone and about the black boarder, buying black model should 'hide' it.

Associate
Has anyone had problems with the charging port on their Redmi Note 3? Mine now is failing to charge though the charging light is on and the charging animation is on showing it is charging when the phone is off. I am guessing the phone is faulty. It got worse over a couple of days, at first it would charge after taking the cable out and inserting it again but now no charging at all.

Edit,

Dropped below 20% and getting a red light blinking. Youtube shows a possible solution but have to wait till the weekend to get my power bank back to try and charge it from the 5v port after disconnecting it from the phone.

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone have a Mi5? How are the custom roms?

If you get one give the rom from xiaomi.eu a try. Google installed, chinese crap removed and updates every week.

As a nexus user for many years i didn't think i would like miui but the xiaomi.eu rom works really well with good battery life. At the w/end i ran waze for 4 hours on the battery and took 30+ photos and still had 10% battery and the end of the day, my nexus 5 couldn't manage that.

Associate
If you get one give the rom from xiaomi.eu a try. Google installed, chinese crap removed and updates every week.

As a nexus user for many years i didn't think i would like miui but the xiaomi.eu rom works really well with good battery life. At the w/end i ran waze for 4 hours on the battery and took 30+ photos and still had 10% battery and the end of the day, my nexus 5 couldn't manage that.

What about cm roms etc?

Back
Top Bottom