**NZXT ANNOUNCE THE UPCOMING FANS**

Gangster
OcUK Staff
Hi,

So as you may have guessed with all the other manufacturers releasing RGB fans that another one of the big names would not be far behind. RGB seems to be the way people are going due to the amount of times people change the colour schemes they just seem to be the most viable choice.

These fans will be released around Oct-November for Q4.

So NZXT have released RGB 120 and 140 fans as shown below. Some come with a controller and some without.

NZXT Press Release:

"NZXT proudly announces today the Aer RGB line of LED PWM fans combining premium digital illumination options with efficient cooling performance allowing users to build powerful and beautiful systems.

Operated digitally via HUE+ and fully customizable by using CAM software, Aer RGB fans are easy to install and operate while offering a wide range of lighting options. Furthermore, the fans can be conveniently daisy-chained and assigned to different groups, letting users set up custom illumination options using CAM’s intuitive controls.

“As gamers ourselves, we know how important is to combine performance and aesthetics without compromising one versus the other. This is why we are expanding the HUE+ digital lighting ecosystem by designing Aer RGB to provide advanced lighting options while delivering an optimized airflow for your system. Advanced users can fully fine-tune their system’s illumination and those seeking to simply improve aesthetics will enjoy the available presets.” says Johnny Hou, NZXT’s founder and CEO.

Aer RGB fans main features:
Daisy chain and group fans together for additional lighting effects
PWM fan with optimized cooling and silent operation
Fluid dynamic bearing for long-lasting operation
Uniform light dispersion with unique light guide design
120mm and 140mm models

Choose from countless illumination options
Aer RGB delivers balanced light dispersion through 8 LEDs and specifically engineered light guides. In addition to all the original lighting options from HUE+, including a dozen presets (Fading, Breathing, Spectrum Wave, Pulse etc.) and a fully controlled “custom” mode, Aer RGB introduces exclusive modes such as the RPM and Wings modes. By combining LED strips and Aer RGB thanks to HUE+, aesthetics-focused users can enjoy additional options to further polish the looks of their rig.

Easy to install, control & operate
Users can control up to 5 Aer RGB fans per HUE+ lighting channel (up to a maximum of 10 fans). Aer RGB fans can be linked together and assigned to groups to further customize the setup. Illumination options are easily adjusted using CAM, our free PC monitoring software.

Improved airflow and silent operation
Aer RGB fan blades are designed for optimal airflow while keeping noise to a minimum with a winglet-tip design. Fluid dynamic bearings provide long-lasting silent performance."

NZXT Aer RGB120 Series 120m Fan @ PRICE TBC https://www.overclockers.co.uk/NZXT-Aer-RGB120-Series-120m-Fan-FG-029-NX.html

PC Case Fan, 120mm Fan, RGB, 1500rpm (Max), 61.4cfm (Max), PWM, 2 Year Warranty

Check out the product here

NZXT Aer RGB120 Series Triple 120m Fan Pack @ PRICE TBC https://www.overclockers.co.uk/NZXT-Aer-RGB120-Series-Triple-120m-Fan-Pack-FG-02A-NX.html

PC Case Fan, 3x 120mm Fan, RGB, 1500rpm (Max), 61.4cfm (Max), PWM, 2 Year Warranty

NZXT Aer RGB120 Dual 120m Fan + HUE controller @ PRICE TBC https://www.overclockers.co.uk/NZXT-Aer-RGB120-Dual-120m-Fan-HUE-controller-FG-02B-NX.html

PC Case Fan, 2x 120mm Fan, RGB, Hue Controller, 1500rpm (Max), 61.4cfm (Max), PWM, 2 Year Warranty

NZXT Aer RGB140 Series 140m Fan @ PRICE TBC https://www.overclockers.co.uk/NZXT-Aer-RGB140-Series-140m-Fan-FG-02C-NX.html

PC Case Fan, 140mm Fan, RGB, 1500rpm (Max), 71.6cfm (Max), PWM, 2 Year Warranty

NZXT Aer RGB140 Series Triple 140m Fan Pack @ PRICE TBC https://www.overclockers.co.uk/NZXT-Aer-RGB140-Series-Triple-140m-Fan-Pack-FG-02D-NX.html

PC Case Fan, 3x 140mm Fan, RGB, 1500rpm (Max), 71.6cfm (Max), PWM, 2 Year Warranty

NZXT Aer RGB140 Dual 140m Fan + HUE controller @ PRICE TBC https://www.overclockers.co.uk/NZXT-Aer-RGB140-Dual-140m-Fan-HUE-controller-FG-02E-NX.html

PC Case Fan, 2 x 140mm Fan, RGB, Hue Controller, 1500rpm (Max), 71.6cfm (Max), PWM, 2 Year Warranty

Last edited:
Soldato
The quoted stats are CACK, man......!!!
Even if they're not doing the Mfr's usual overestimation, those won't beat so much as an AF120!!

W I D E B E R T H.......

Associate
Lol I see the renders are changed now, the new ones look much better.

These prices seem optimistic, but let's see. NZXT has software integration ready with CAM so that's something they have over Corsair already. That leaves Thermaltake as their other competition.

The quoted stats are CACK, man......!!!
Even if they're not doing the Mfr's usual overestimation, those won't beat so much as an AF120!!

W I D E B E R T H.......

They seem to be case fans more than rad fans, and the AF120 isn't spectacular to begin with. Let's see how it works out.

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting utilisation of individually addressed LEDs and a light pipe. I'm a little surprised by the price though as those RGB LEDs arent particularly expensive, unless they are using dozens of the things.

I wonder how much of the colour bleeds onto the blades of the fan though as it looks like the rgb effect is purely pushed out towards the viewer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting utilisation of individually addressed LEDs and a light pipe. I'm a little surprised by the price though as those RGB LEDs arent particularly expensive, unless they are using dozens of the things.

I wonder how much of the colour bleeds onto the blades of the fan though as it looks like the rgb effect is purely pushed out towards the viewer.

I may look closer into these, since I've always hated the box-shaped 4-way LEDs projected on fan blades thus far. Depends how they look in real life...

Back
Top Bottom