New Gaming PC - Will this build do? (Link to part list in post)

Associate
Hey! I'm looking to build myself a PC (almost) from scratch.

Primarily, I am going to be using the PC for gaming and I want to be able to run the majority of games on max settings at 1440p. I also want it to last, I don't intend to be upgrading or replacing anything in this PC for a long while! So I'm attempting to go a little over kill so it doesn't age too quickly. I'd like to be playing most games on highest settings and still hitting 60FPS in a couple years, if that's a reasonable ask.

I also intend to use it for video editing in future, hence the ram.

I was originally looking for a little over £1000, however am willing to push to £1400 (as a max!) to really try and make it future proof. I'd like to spare some money to get a new mouse and keyboard as my current ones have become a bit worn.

Here's the build I'm looking at: ** No links to competitors. Please read the forum rules - EVH **

I'm salvaging a piece or two (Marked as already purchased) from my previous computer. My only concern is the PSU. Will my current hold the new build?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
One thing I'd change is the RAM, better off upping it to 3000 or 3200 on Skylake as it actually makes a difference in games now.

Personally I'd also save £200 by not adding the 2nd SSD and use the cash to upgrade from a 1070 to a 1080 instead, then add the larger in a few months time when more space is required. Apart from that it's looking good :)

Associate
OP
I've upped the RAM and have had a little think. I've decided it's best I save a little money and hold back a little on the GPU for now. I guess the easiest part to upgrade if I need is the GPU and I might stick with 1080p for a while. I think i just got a little too excited and carried away yesterday! I've found everything I can salvage from my past PC and have got a final build:

** No links to competitors. Please read the forum rules - EVH **

Thanks for the help and advice! :D

Back
Top Bottom