Formula Boinc 2016

PDW

PDW

Associate
Hopefully if the work keeps coming for a week or more we can make 2nd :)

Sadly, it looks like BOINCy-Con are too strong and will take 1st place with ease :D

Associate
Don't worry about us scole, start motivating your team! What's happened to you guys? you seem to have thrown the towel in, you relinquished 2nd place without so much as a whimper.
We slacked off getting ready for the Pentathlon, then it was delayed and after it was over I think we needed a break. We're trying to rally back now. Of course, we could use the cooperation of a few projects. If CAS would just do us a favor and go back to sleep for a few more months it would help.

Associate
I think we are motivated now. Good things may happen tomorrow (depending on ones point of view) :D

Do you guys have a couple of 1st places we could borrow? We'd gladly pay you back Dec 1st ;)

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
That's one I don't think we have to worry about defending :D

Now that we've picked the low hanging fruit I guess we'll have to start doing the hard work just to keep up with MK.

Well we almost took 2 points of MK in SRBase for you but have moved over to defend CSG as you are pushing on that :rolleyes:

Associate
Well we almost took 2 points of MK in SRBase for you but have moved over to defend CSG as you are pushing on that :rolleyes:

You don't have to hurry, we haven't actually started a serious push on it ... yet. Far too much to do elsewhere before we can do that ;) In the unlikely scenario that we could close the gap, you guys are far too strong and it would take too much of our small amount of resources for us to lock horns with you.

We have to stay with the strategy of going after the slower prey. :rolleyes: OcUK is far too nimble and quick for us.

We were hoping we could "sneak" up on you on CSG but I guess that plan isn't going to work out so well :p

PDW

PDW

Associate
Well flattery will get you somewhere, will see if we can't get you another 2 points clear of MK :D

It is flattery isn't it ?
Wouldn't want you to be lying to me now :mad:

Associate
Well flattery will get you somewhere, will see if we can't get you another 2 points clear of MK :D

It is flattery isn't it ?
Wouldn't want you to be lying to me now :mad:

:D What me lie :D

The truth is that Crannog is not going away on CSG. But, no one else is going to jump on it either ... at least not yet. When the time comes we'll let you know and give you warning - no surprises.

Our reality is we must secure the #2 spot before we start playing around. I was serious when I said you guys are too strong for us to challenge at this point. It would take all of our resources and we don't have anything to spare. We have to remain focused for a while longer.

Your top position is absolutely secure and there is no way we would ever change that (even if we could) ... you've worked too hard to make that happen. Not only that, you are nice guys ... unlike some folks on other teams.

However, there will come a time when we'll ask you to come out and play :eek: We can have some fun and make it interesting on one project.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Not only that, you are nice guys ... unlike some folks on other teams

* There are some folk on other teams who aren't nice ?
Which teams are these and who are the team members I should be wary of ?
It's so difficult to know who is, and who isn't, being nice, you can't easily tell who is and who isn't lying :confused:
It would really help if you could tell me who to avoid please ?

However, there will come a time when we'll ask you to come out and play :eek: We can have some fun and make it interesting on one project.

Hmmm, one project, you don't mean Goofy do you ?
That would be a real shame, we've worked hard on getting to the top.
Having got his and the team's name engraved in immortality Chris has probably gone on a round the world celebratory tour, getting him back to turn on his ZX Spectrum to up our credit rate might be difficult :(

Good News/Bad News
Bad News - Despite coming close we still haven't overtaken MK in SRBase, they have pulled in extra input to help their cause :(
Good News - Despite not dropping the points it means they are diverting effort to maintain their position with the knowledge that they cannot gain any more points for the project :D

* If you have been affected by the issues discussed in this post then please be aware that you can post in the General Discussion sub-forum. Members of this sub-forum will be more than happy to discuss your issues further with you. You may, or may not, be helped by this discussion. The company OcUK, members of the OcUK distributed computing team, or the wider OcUK membership are not liable for any help or hindrance that you might find there.

Associate
Let's just say there is a team to your East that got upset at TSBT during a challenge and called them cheaters. And then for several challenges after that they kept calling them cheaters in the shout box.

TSBT had stumbled on the Cosmo trick of limiting the number of threads being used on the multi-task app. No cheating, just making the WU run more efficiently :D

No, when we go head-to-head it'll be on a real project ;) With your 142M lead I don't think Goofy will be the one we pick. Hopefully you can get your team members to join in and we'll bring all 4-5 of us. It'll be a little mini-challenge just for fun.

We managed to pick up 6 points on MK today ... unfortunately 2 of those came at OcUK's expense :o

I'm hoping we can get to the point you guys are in where we don't have to keep looking over our shoulders. The easy stuff has been picked so now we have to go back and build up a cushion on projects so we don't have to spend so much time worrying about teams overtaking us.

I had a Commodore 64 that came after the ZX ... I guess I should have kept it :D

Back
Top Bottom