New X99 Build Problem

Associate
Hi guys

Just built my X99 SOC Champ but it's not posting, each time it fails at 60 on the debug display, not sure if it's RAM or CPU. The manual says DXE initialise whatever that is.

Can anyone help?

I've tried running one stick of RAM in the slot stated in the manual (all 4 sticks separate from each other) but that didn't help I've tried a couple sticks as well together but again It does the same gets to 60 then restarts over and over again.

My memory is G.Skill 3200MHz CL14 32GB (4*8GB) quad channel kit Ripjaws V

I dont have any other RAM or CPU to try, thinking I could buy another RAM kit to test see if it does the same, any other suggestions would be welcome

Cheers

Caporegime
Could be faulty memory or sometimes you need to boot with one stick first and then add the others (when off of course) after one successful boot.

Try it in different slots, one stick at a time and try with different sticks as it could be faulty memory sticks.

Sometimes its a bios/cpu/ram combo issue but you can flash the board with the most up to date bios without any memory sticks in

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=15981.0

although faulty or incompatible ram is looking most likely

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/pc-wont-boot-stuck-on-0x60.197194/

Associate
OP
I have just ordered more memory from you guys, the're listed on Gigas memory support page so hope they'll be better.

I've already tried each stick in one slot, and two in the appropriate slots, could try a couple more permutations.

I'll try the bios flash, but I don't think I can flash with the Champion, only the Force has that white USB port and the system isn't on for long before it resets itself. It's literally seconds! I get nothing, no screen no option to get to UEFI nowt.

Hopefully the new memory will come Monday, if that doesn't work I'm not sure what to do

Soldato
Worth a try but to completely clear the CMOS disconnect the power, short the CMOS jumper and press the power button. Then try booting on a single stick as normal.

I've had similar problems simply swapping DDR4 between boards but some RAM/board combos just don't work on the X99 platform.

Associate
OP
Hey fella's thanks for the advice, however the new RAM kit solved the conundrum of what's not working.

Just glad it wasn't CPU or mobo!

I'm going to update the bios soon with a fairly recent beta F22m at some point to see if it helps with getting my G.Skills 3200MHz CL14 to run. I'll keep these corsair 2400MHz mems as spares for now

Back
Top Bottom