The official Philips BDM4065UC thread

Associate
well, replacement arrived today!.

im usually perfectly fine with refurbished units (sometimes prefer them to new as i know at least someone has taken time to check it over).

BUT. dosent bode too well when the whole monitor is bent in the middle, has a curve in the top bezel, the white back-light is glaring out a gap in the top of the monitor and the whole panel is twisted, giving a weird moiray effect across the screen... 0_0...

back on the phone to philips 10 mins after and now waiting to hear back again...

Associate
Finally found a solution to the issue where your Windows are resized and moved top left on the desktop if you power off the monitor when Windows is running.

That has been bugging me since I bought the Philips and I'm so happy to have finally found a fix.

It's just a registry edit as well... whoever is at fault, MS or nVidia, deserve a slap!

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...r/1653aafb-848b-464a-8c69-1a68fbd106aa?auth=1

I have found a work-around.
Using Sysinternals ProcessMonitor I found that Windows was accessing the following Registry path;
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration

My system had three entries;
DELF003YY7707BR0MUL_30_07D7_6A^9A3774EB79DEE3E3E38496CC7DF4D936
QHD32000001_31_07D6_D5^63E1ABDD175E7871DCAEB710418A0F75
SIMULATED_8086_2A42_00000000_00020000_1010100^CDE365D1B3F0942F0CF38BFB8E127AB4

Under each is a tree called "00" two of the keys are
PrimSurfSize.cx
PrimSurfSize.cy

Under "00" was another branch also called "00" two of the keys are;
ActiveSize.cx
ActiveSize.cy

The first two of the configs (ie DELF00... & QHD3...) the above keys were 1440x900,
so they were not involved.

The third (SIMULATED...) were set to 1024x768.

I changed these to 1600x900 and the problem was solved.

I've set my entries to 3840 / 2160 and it worked instantly, no reboot required :)

Very happy!

Soldato
Well, just as an update, and after a bit of back and forwards chat with ocuk and all that, i still cannot return the monitor to OCUK direct, they are adamant that it has to go to the manufacturer still.

Apparently the 6 year thing is the time you have to take a warranty claim to court if the retailer refuses to repair or replace a fault if identified within a reasonable time after purchase.. around 30 days or so from what im told.

quite frustrating as the philips process will take a long time. coupled with the fact i dont have a spare monitor at all and i have just been made redundant, im essentially going to be without a pc until philips can sort the issue :(

Dosent help that its getting worse either.. now sometimes takes half a minute just to turn on and sometimes just ...crashes with a garbled screen. :(

How long have you had the monitor for?

The law says that if a fault develops in the first six months (182 days), it’s deemed to have been there when you purchased it.

This puts the shop in breach of their contract with you, and entitles you to redress from them. What you’re entitled to is always what’s ‘reasonable’ under the circumstances, so you may be able to push for a refund, but you might have more luck if you ask for a replacement machine, or a free repair. Of course, if the machine is playing up after only two months, a repair might not be acceptable to you. Negotiate with the shop and make it clear that you know your rights.

Last edited:
Associate
Seem to have the black screen cycle problem on a couple of games, did anyone fix this by changing DP cable? And if so which one? Looking to buy one today from the rainforest to hopefully fix it.

I have only experienced it with certain games, mainly Rainbow Six Siege, and The Division

Associate
has anyone managed to get the xbox one s outputting 4k to this monitor ?

im having no luck, same thing with my fire tv box not letting me select the 4k option.

Associate
Well, just received my replacement model from Philips (refurbished) and has exactly the same black screen cycle problem.

Open up a game, black screen cycle starts, just like the other one. Took weeks to get this replacement, and no difference at all, and covered in scratches on the casing!

Would prefer a refund now.

Soldato
Jezz out of interest did you ever get it sorted? Mine started doing that recently and I'd assumed it was an Nvidia issue although never managed to fix it by messing with drivers etc.

Associate
Hi Guys,

Does this monitor display nicely with the xbox one S or ps4 pro?

I will need to use the HDMI port as the consoles do not have displayport. HDMI 1.4 only have 4k@30hz.

Now I don't mind playing it at 1080P, does 1080P display nicely on this monitor? Anyone here hooked up their console to it?

Will the philips upscale or should I get the Xbox to upscale. Sorry am new to this upscaling thing.

I have the philips BDM4065UC.

Thanks,
K.

Soldato
No unfortunately, got a partial refund in the end from OCUK, so lost money from a faulty monitor. Back to 27" 1440p for now.

Strangely enough since I removed the 3D portion of the Nvidia drivers I'm not getting that black screen anymore (been about a week). Might be a coincidence.. I'll keep testing!

Back
Top Bottom