1440p monitor recommendations?

Associate
hi was going to go ultrawide but have maybe decided to go the 1440p route, i will be spending 200-250 on a monitor i was looking at this one

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/iiya...g-widescreen-led-monitor-black-mo-124-iy.html

im just not sure if that make is a good one or not, i only play competitive csgo and sometimes other fps games but mainly counter strike and watching movies.

ultrawide or 1440p or stick to 27" 1080p but higher refresh rate and low response time?

im currently using benq gl2450 and radeon r9 380 nitro 4gb

Associate
so go for a 27 inch high refresh rate monitor? i want to go away from 1080p from what i have seen 1440p 144htz monitors are well out of my price range :mad:

A monitor is a long time investment. If you want it all, maybe its worth saving more and make do what you have until you get can it. If not than yeah the 27".

Associate
Silly question but how does DSR work? My understanding is that it renders the scene at 1440 and then scales it down to 1080. Does this mean you get the screen space of a 1440 res? Or is it like watching 1440 zoomed in, with the sides cropped out?

I assume it's the same as "Virtual Super Resolution" on AMD cards.

Associate
no problem, what is the monitor like? viewing angles etc? is it good for movies?

I casual game mostly, I moved from an LG 22″ W2261VP Full HD monitor to the Iilyama and was impressed.

Specs - http://www.iiyama.com/gb_en/products/prolite-b2783qsu-b1/

If you google reviews on it, its not the best 27" 1440p monitor out there but one of very few for your budget range (which happened to be same budget I set).

Associate
I casual game mostly, I moved from an LG 22″ W2261VP Full HD monitor to the Iilyama and was impressed.

Specs - http://www.iiyama.com/gb_en/products/prolite-b2783qsu-b1/

If you google reviews on it, its not the best 27" 1440p monitor out there but one of very few for your budget range (which happened to be same budget I set).

What's the height adjustment like on that one? can it go down all the way to the base?

Associate
What's the height adjustment like on that one? can it go down all the way to the base?

If you see link I previously posted, if you scroll down the screen you'll see sketch drawings of the monitor with the screen in the lowest position...and if you either zoom in or download the pdf document it gives you dimensions.

Associate
If you see link I previously posted, if you scroll down the screen you'll see sketch drawings of the monitor with the screen in the lowest position...and if you either zoom in or download the pdf document it gives you dimensions.

Yes i've noticed that now. Thanks :D Looks like a good monitor.. just need to decide if 144Hz or 1440 resolution is more important to me in this price range..

Associate
Back
Top Bottom