Acer XF270HU - 27-inch 1440P IPS 144MHz Freesync Monitor

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
XF270HU_sku_main.png

These are looking very good. Not sure, but I think they have the full range 30-144Hz working with Freesync which is a improvement over MG279Q which can only 30-90Hz.

They also have HDMI 2, but not sure when or if ever Freesync would work with it.

Are OcUK stocking these soon? They are already on sale at the forest place across the pond.

Could be tempted, as I have never tried 144Hz. It is IPS and has everything one could want apart from 4K really. Played everything I want with 4K so would not mind trying something new :D

Last edited:
Soldato
These are looking very good. Not sure, but I think they have the full range 30-144MHz working with Freesync which is a improvement over MG279Q which can only 30-90Hz.

They also have HDMI 2, but not sure when or if ever Freesync would work with it.

Are OcUK stocking these soon? They are already on sale at the forest place across the pond.

Could be tempted, as I have never tried 144MHz. It is IPS and has everything one could want apart from 4K really. Played everything I want with 4K so would not mind trying something new :D

I've never tried 144MHz on a monitor either! That would be something. The FreeSync range is still TBC.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I've never tried 144MHz on a monitor either! That would be something. The FreeSync range is still TBC.

Yeah definitely. I like new experiences and I think 144Hz IPS might be my next one. Use that for a few years and by then there will be 144Hz 4K out at a reasonable price and a single gpu with the powaa to drive it.

Would be nice if the Freesync range is from 30-144Hz :D

Last edited:
Associate
Just to be clear, current monitor refresh rates are rated in Hz (x frame refreshes per second) rather than MHz (x million frame refreshes per second). You'd struggle to find a GOU capable of managing x million fps to match that in a Freesync situation!

This Acer looks interesting, I wonder what the price will be compared to the Asus MG279Q when/if it gets a UK release.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Just to be clear, current monitor refresh rates are rated in Hz (x frame refreshes per second) rather than MHz (x million frame refreshes per second). You'd struggle to find a GOU capable of managing x million fps to match that in a Freesync situation!

This Acer looks interesting, I wonder what the price will be compared to the Asus MG279Q when/if it gets a UK release.

I have no idea why I typed MHz to be honest. I don't even remember typing the M and I did it twice :o:D

Thank you for pointing that out. Fixed.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
People are confirming it is 40-144hz Freesync range. Not bad.

Will these monitors work with hdmi 2 and freesync with a driver update soon I wonder?

Other retailers have it up for sale now, hopefully ocuk get it soon :)

OcUK Staff
HI there

We won't only be stocking these, but I believe they arrived in our warehouse a few days ago, we hope to get them booked into stock in a few days. Warehouse is extremely busy at moment. :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
HI there

We won't only be stocking these, but I believe they arrived in our warehouse a few days ago, we hope to get them booked into stock in a few days. Warehouse is extremely busy at moment. :)

Sounds good! :D

Can you do a pre-order special for me? Might be tempted to ditch my Dell P2715Q 4K monitor and get one ;)

OcUK Staff
Sounds good! :D

Can you do a pre-order special for me? Might be tempted to ditch my Dell P2715Q 4K monitor and get one ;)

Done.

Acer Predator XF270HU 27" 2560x1440 VA FREESYNC 144Hz Gaming Widescreen LED Monitor - Black/Red @ £509.99 inc VAT

MO095AC_120886_800x800.jpg

n competitive gaming, every frame matters. Introducing Acer's XF Series gaming monitor - the WQHD resolution montior that can keep up with your game play. Through AMD FreeSync technology, the game's frame rate is determined by your graphics card, not the fixed refresh rate of the monitor, giving you a serious competitive edge. Plus, users can enjoy comfortable viewing experience while gaming via flicker-less, low dimming and ComfyView display. The design saves space on your desk and lets you place multiple monitors side by side to build a seamless big-screen display.

Specification:-
- Screen Size: 27"
- Panel Type: VA
- Backlight: LED
- Refresh rate: 144Hz (40-144Hz FREESYNC Range)
- Brightness: 350cd/m
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 100,000,000:1
- Static Contrast Ratio: 3000:1
- Resolution: 2560x1440
- Response Time: 4ms
- Viewing Angles: 178/178
- Connectivity: DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI-DL
- USB3.0 Hub
- Speakers: Yes (2x5W)
- Stand Type: Tilt/Height adjust
- Warranty: 2 Years

Only £509.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
:eek:

Damn you Gibbo! Temping me to spend my money like that :mad:;)

I thought these were IPS panels. Expensive bugger this for a VA. That said I am not very familiar with VA, but always thought IPS was the best.

I need to think about this, as it means dropping from 4K/IPS and splashing out a good £150 (after selling the 4K) to go 144Hz and Freesync. Hmm.. Decisions, decisions :p

OcUK Staff
:eek:

Damn you Gibbo! Temping me to spend my money like that :mad:;)

I thought these were IPS panels. Expensive bugger this for a VA. That said I am not very familiar with VA, but always thought IPS was the best.

I need to think about this, as it means dropping from 4K/IPS and splashing out a good £150 (after selling the 4K) to go 144Hz and Freesync. Hmm.. Decisions, decisions :p

Double checking with Acer now.

IPS: Better colours and can have marginal better viewing angles.
VA: Better blacks, less likely to suffer bleed (IPS glow) and faster response.

P.S. Acer confirms IPS panel, will update online. :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Double checking with Acer now.

IPS: Better colours and can have marginal better viewing angles.
VA: Better blacks, less likely to suffer bleed (IPS glow) and faster response.

P.S. Acer confirms IPS panel, will update online. :)

You are on the ball. Can you confirm if it is HDMI 2.0 and if it works with Freesync or will do in the future with AMD updating it drivers?

My hand is getting closer to my wallet. lol. Mainly because I would be using Acer's service to upgrade warranty to 3 years where they would change panel next day at the door like Dell do if it suddenly develops an issue. Only for £25 which is good.

OcUK Staff
You are on the ball. Can you confirm if it is HDMI 2.0 and if it works with Freesync or will do in the future with AMD updating it drivers?

My hand is getting closer to my wallet. lol. Mainly because I would be using Acer's service to upgrade warranty to 3 years where they would change panel next day at the door like Dell do if it suddenly develops an issue. Only for £25 which is good.

Yes HDMI 2.0 :)
Freesync works now, 40-144Hz range I believe. :)

GET YOUR WALLET OUT! :D

Back
Top Bottom