*** The official Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" ultra-wide thread ***

Associate
I've got mine on pre-order with OCUK, any ideas when they're due in? Will you guys follow the same dead pixel policy with the last IPS ROG Swift??

Thanks

Soldato
oh man this thing looks awesome

Is it really though? It's basically an X34 in new clothes, which itself is basically an overclocked Dell U3415W/LG 34UC97 (it's exactly the same panel) with G-Sync slapped on and a whopping premium! Sure, it's not a bad monitor by any stretch, but at this price you should be getting more for your money, especially with Pascal/Polaris DP 1.3 around the corner, and the monitors that will usher in. Gotta say though, LG have really done well to squeeze every last drop out of this panel, so kudos to them.

Associate
OP
I had the x34, it went back a few days later... I'm sure they're ok now, but the issues with them at the time were abysmal!

You're right about pascal and dp 1.3, but if you keep waiting on something, you'll never upgrade lol! I think 1440p @ 100hz will be good for a few years!

Associate
I've also ordered the ASUS PG348Q :) Wanted to get the X34, but held out for the ASUS model because I prefer ASUSs dead pixel policy and build quality.

Associate
Spoke to a guy on live chat to Scan, they already received 9 they've all been allocated to preorders. they're expecting 16 on the 29th. Of which 10 are allocated.. Send a webnote to OCuk to see when theyre expecting theirs.

Associate
Asus Republic of Gamers PG348Q

this looks like a monitor i like, its saying its got 4k and g sync and 100hzt, but i remember ppl saying in the forums that its not possible for a 4k to have gsync and high refresh rates, so will this monitor be better than the rog swift monitors in terms of high refresh rates and gsync?

also when will o clockers get this monitor, it just looks so amazing, especially that hologram rog symbol in red and being curved too

Soldato
this looks like a monitor i like, its saying its got 4k and g sync and 100hzt, but i remember ppl saying in the forums that its not possible for a 4k to have gsync and high refresh rates, so will this monitor be better than the rog swift monitors in terms of high refresh rates and gsync?

also when will o clockers get this monitor, it just looks so amazing, especially that hologram rog symbol in red and being curved too

IT'S NOT 4K... it's 3440x1440 (21:9). A 4K monitor is 3840x2160 (16:9). The PG348Q is almost identical under the skin to the Acer X34. It's a 21:9 3440x1440 IPS panel, native 60Hz overclocked to 100Hz (max) with G-Sync. It uses the same panel as was used in the LG and Dell curved 34" monitors, only it has been overclocked and G-Sync added. I must say, Asus are doing a pretty amazing marketing job in making people believe this is some amazing new futuristic monitor with how they've designed it.

Associate
Out of interest what is ASUSs dead pixel policy?

http://www.asus.com/ae-en/Monitors/ROG_SWIFT_PG278Q/HelpDesk_Warranty/

Going by the Warranty for the PG278Q (the warranty appears to be the same for all ASUS monitors).

Assuming the PG348Q is a 'ZBD' (Zero Bright Dot) warranty, you get the following:

After Purchase | Bright Dot | Dark Dot
12 months | 0 | ≦5
13~36 months | ≦3 | ≦5

so once you go over those numbers, you'll be eligible for a replacement.

I did check the ACER Warranty (it's harder to find), and it was something crazy like "4 defective pixels" before replacement. and their Zero Bright Dot warranty only lasts for 3 months.

Associate
IT'S NOT 4K... it's 3440x1440 (21:9). A 4K monitor is 3840x2160 (16:9). The PG348Q is almost identical under the skin to the Acer X34. It's a 21:9 3440x1440 IPS panel, native 60Hz overclocked to 100Hz (max) with G-Sync. It uses the same panel as was used in the LG and Dell curved 34" monitors, only it has been overclocked and G-Sync added. I must say, Asus are doing a pretty amazing marketing job in making people believe this is some amazing new futuristic monitor with how they've designed it.

huh?, so my rog swift is 2560x1440, so this monitor has the same as my existing monitor but the difference being its wider right? the 3440 bit?

So apart from the wide bit its basically the same as what i have now?

man i thought this was 4k gsync with 100hzt, is this not possible?

Back
Top Bottom