What gaming monitor?

Soldato
Hey guys,

after some advice in the graphics section, i have decided to go for a new gaming specific monitor to help me out.

my budget isnt huge, but can someone point me in the right direction for monitors for gaming (mainly cs) and just the basics like web browsing etc..

so far im looking at :

AOC G2460VQ6 24" @ 109.99
AOC G2460PF 24" @ 169.99

what do you guys think?

RTJ

Soldato
OP
hey guys,

i went for the AOC G2460PF monitor, received today. Up and running great, only problem is i cannot find out how to change to the 144hz as it sits currently on 60hz.

any help on this monitor or the AMD platform will be appreciated :)

RTJ

Soldato
OP
hey guys,

problem. when i set my monitor to 120hz or 144hz it becomes unstable and fragmenting etc. also when i reboot it goes back to 60hz.

i have it on 100hz right now and so far seems ok? my drivers (apart from beta) are latest. can someone please shed some light on this?

thanks, RTJ

Man of Honour
what cable and connection are you using? make sure you're running at the native resolution and you should just need to set the refresh rate in windows and it should work fine :)

Soldato
OP
what cable and connection are you using? make sure you're running at the native resolution and you should just need to set the refresh rate in windows and it should work fine :)

thanks for the reply,

i am using a display cable for connection, i am running at 1080p on this monitor. every time i up from 60hz it is playing up. screen tearing and all that jazz.

is the monitor faulty, or could it be setting in the radeon display app?

RTJ

Soldato
OP
i have updated the drivers to latest AMD and it stays on 144hz. i disabled free sync option in the amd software but it its still on 144hz in windows display software so does that mean its ACTUALLY running at 144hz?

surely it wouldn't stay on 144hz if it wasn't actually running at that rate?

RTJ

Last edited:
Soldato
i have updated the drivers to latest AMD and it stays on 144hz. i disabled free sync option in the amd software but it its still on 144hz in windows display software so does that mean its ACTUALLY running at 144hz?

surely it wouldn't stay on 144hz if it wasn't actually running at that rate?

RTJ

Disabling the Freesync will not stop it being 144hz.

Associate
From a casual gaming perspective, what do people think will make more difference when moving from a 1080 22'' screen. Would it be a bump in res to 1440 or Freesync and 144Hz?

Soldato
OP
hey guys,

im thinking of upgrading my GPU. if i bought a GTX 1070 would i still be able to run my monitor (AOC G2460PF) at 144hz? or is that only for AMD cards?

RTJ

Soldato
Yes you would....but to be honest you would have way better results using a G-Sync Monitor with the 1070 you may buy....other than that ...make sure you put V-Sync on in games if your going to be using that freesync monitor with an Nvidia card,

And of course setting the game/s to run at 144Hz :)

But as you have an AMD card ?......why not upgrade your AMD gpu , and you can get the freesync goodness ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom