Broke my Asus ROG Swift

Associate
Hi Everyone

Had a bit of a mishap with my monitor, which has resulted in a cracked screen and lots of lovely lines going up it... doh! Its an Asus ROG Swift PG278Q. So after doing some hunting around and even contacting Asus, im presuming there is no fixing it unless i buy the replacement panel from asus themselves? Which coincidentally is damn expensive so i may as well just buy a new monitor?

Any input on what to do with this one massively appreciated.

Regards

Matt

Man of Honour
if the panel is broken it's almost certainly going to be easiest to buy a replacement as bad as that is! covered on your house insurance perhaps under accidental damage?

Associate
OP
I thought that may be the case. Yeh its the smallest crack, like literally not noticeable, but the huge white and striped mess going up the screen makes it unusable. So gutted.

Man of Honour
nightmare. i've had a monitor delivered to me before that had been damaged in transit. could barely tell when it was off as it looked almost like a long hair on the screen, but when it was turned on....oh my! :)

Associate
OP
The most annoying thing is that nothing can be done about fixing it. You break anything else guaranteed you can have it repaired. But with these you have to buy a new one. Its insane.

Soldato
The most annoying thing is that nothing can be done about fixing it. You break anything else guaranteed you can have it repaired. But with these you have to buy a new one. Its insane.
Am pretty sure that always been the case with most brands of TV's & computer monitors even in the old CRT days if you break the screen it just best to go out and buy a new monitor or TV ..

Last edited:
Associate
Which coincidentally is damn expensive so i may as well just buy a new monitor?
Well it's the panel that's obviously going to be the most expensive part of the device, not the plastic. :D

Like others have said, you want to make sure whether your home insurance covers this but you also want to make sure that excess doesn't exceed what a replacement panel would cost too.

Back
Top Bottom