Considering the Benq BL3200PT

Associate
I am considering upgrading my current Benq 27" monitor, (GW2760HS)
As my missus will testify, bigger is always better! :p

I have been looking at the Benq 32" but at £400 it's a big investment.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/benq...lim-bezel-flicker-free-monitor-mo-099-bq.html

I currently run a GTX650 (no gaming) but will this be powerful enough? Nvidia states it will support 2560x1600

I am so tempted but the £400 price tag is a bit scary....

Associate
OP
My new build is primarily a media centre,
I use it as an HVR fed from a dual DVB-T2 HD card for watching and recording TV,
I also use it for VirtualDJ8 with a Pioneer DDJ-SB2 controller and occasionally some video encoding/production
Also used as a general web browsing machine too!
I currently have a 27" Benq but feel It would be good to go up to 32" and I have developed a dead pixel which stands out like a sore thumb now I have noticed it lol

The pixel pitch on this 27" is 0.32" (due to 1920x1080) but the 32" is lower at 0.27" (due to 2560 X 1440) so it should look a lot better even at 32".

Seriously tempted but may just put it off for now and hope it goes on a super deal around £350 or lower, all components have shot up since that Brexit crap.
My i7 is now £30 more than I paid for a few weeks ago!

Soldato
Hm, don't put it off, it won't go cheaper - if anything the pound will just fall further. I got mine for £330 refurbished but that was last autumn.

Associate
You might want to look at the other screens using the same panel, there are quite a few around. Phillips, AOC, Acer and Samsung all make a screen using the AU Optronics MVA+ 32" QHD Panel. I've been waiting for reviews of the AOC in particular but still yet to find an English language professional review. The AOC can be found for around £325 from some retailers. If OC had it for that price it would be sitting on my desk now :)

Associate
They all more or less the same really (same panel so no miracles here), quite high chance of bad pixels and light bleed, unfortunately - so be prepared to play the lottery and pick retailer with good return policy. Also be prepared to accept certain amount of corner light bleed - they all have it to at least some extent (but some are much worse than others).

One store even warned me that "some light bleed is expected with this model" when I tried to ask if they could check I don't get a bad one before buying - so they are perfectly aware of it.

Last edited:
Associate
They all more or less the same really (same panel so no miracles here), quite high chance of bad pixels and light bleed, unfortunately - so be prepared to play the lottery and pick retailer with good return policy. Also be prepared to accept certain amount of corner light bleed - they all have it to at least some extent (but some are much worse than others).

One store even warned me that "some light bleed is expected with this model" when I tried to ask if they could check I don't get a bad one before buying - so they are perfectly aware of it.

Even the AOC? Not seen any bad consumer feedback related to light bleed or bad pixels? I know the BenQ, Acer and Samsung have had mixed reviews which is why I had set the AOC as the top of the list, in my research AOC looked like they had better QA and customer support which is not what can be said about BenQ. Though my aging (close to 10 yrs old) BenQ has been exceptional

Associate
Where you looking for feedback? I hardly seen any feedback on AOC monitors in general. And next to none on this AOC 32" 4K monitor. To consider feedback meaningful I generally expect to see at least a hundred ratings.
Also its pointless to see feedback on brand in general, since you need feedback for particular model, because in this case there are appear to be issues with particular panel made by AUO/Acer and their QC tolerances.

For example, Dell is great Ultrasharp brand in general. But surprise, their 32" 4K is quite shockingly different (see reviews on amazon for yourself - all same complaints).

But you are welcome to try, who knows. Just make sure you pick retailer with good return policy and make sure you won't have to pay out of your pocket for returns if things go wrong - try to ask in advance.

I generally don't trust professional review as quality indicator unless they explicitly state that they reviewed randomly bought sample (and I can trust them on that). Otherwise you can bet manufacturer will just handpick the best "free specimens" to send to the reviewers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom