Playstation 4 (PS4) Specs:

• CPU: low power x86-64 AMD "Jaguar", 8 cores
  • GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon Graphics Core Next engine
  • RAM: GDDR5 8GB
  • HDD: Built–in, size unknown
  • Media: BD 6x, DVD 8x
  • Ports: USB 3.0, AUX
  • Network: Ethernet, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1
  • Output: HDMI, Digital Output (optical)
  • Bundled: Dual Shock 4 Pad

• Optional: Playstation Plus with free Drive Club PS+ Edition (1 year subscription) £35-40
  • Optional: Dual Shock 4 Pad £50 (est.)
  • Optional: PS4 Eye £50 (est.)
  • Optional: Software £40-50 (est.)
  • Optional: PS Vita (Remote Play) £170-200
Playstation 4 Features:

Instant on, Suspend to ram (Sleep), Share gameplay video from in-game, Game streaming, Jump-in Co-op, 3D, 4K video playback, Play while downloading, Remote play on PS Vita.

Gaikai Cloud: (speculation)

• Storefront Streaming: Try games for free and share with your friends, social functionality with Facebook and Ustream will allow players to share content with one another.
  • Spectating, Sharing: Live broadcasting of your gaming session, with friends able to comment on your screen. "Hot-seat" remote game play between friends.
  • Remote Play and Second Screen: Long term goal is to have the PS4 as a game server and stream to a PS Vita for personal gaming.
  • Backwards Compatibility: Future plans are to have all Playstation 1/2/3 games available to play via streaming from cloud servers.
Dual Shock 4 Pad Specs:
  • Size: 162mm x 52mm x 98mm (guess)
  • Weight: Approx. 210g (guess)
  • Input: PS button, SHARE button, OPTIONS button, D-Pad, Buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square), R1/L1/R2/L2/R3/L3, Right stick, Left stick, Touch Pad Button, Touch Pad 2 Point Touch Pad, Click Mechanism, Capacitive Type
  • Features: Light Bar, Vibration, Built-in Mono Speaker, 6 Axis
  • Ports: USB (Micro B), Extension Port, Headset Jack
  • Comms: Bluetooth 2.1

Playstation 4 Eye Specs (optional):

• Size: 186mm x 27mm x 27mm (guess)
  • Weight: 183g (guess)
  • Video Pixel: (Maximum) 1280 x 800 pixel x 2
  • Video Frame Rate: 1280x800 pixel @ 60fps, 640x400 pixel @ 120fps, 320x192 pixel @ 240fps
  • Video Format: RAW, YUV (uncompressed)
  • Lens: Dual Lenses, F value/F2.0 fixed focus
  • Field of View (FOV): 85 degrees
  • Microphone: 4 Channel Microphone Array
  • Connection: PS4 dedicated connector (AUX connector)

Playstation OS:

Comments and corrections are welcome.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Isn't it normally released in Japan first and then Europe the following year?

Nothing official has been said really but i think the ps3 was nov in us and japan and march in the uk or something like that? I hope this is not the case

You are correct, but there are rumors floating that Sony are looking to attempt a worldwide launch, like Nintendo did with Wii and Wii-U.

I guess it depends on the availability of GDDR5 ram.

Soldato
You are correct, but there are rumors floating that Sony are looking to attempt a worldwide launch, like Nintendo did with Wii and Wii-U.

I guess it depends on the availability of GDDR5 ram.

I thought the rumor was, Sony would concentrate on Europe as i higher priority IF and only IF interest wasnt high enough in Japan.

Caporegime
At the end of the day I guess it comes down to which exclusives one is more interested in. For me, it's those on PlayStation. Not bothered with Fable, Halo or Forza personally. I look forward to getting a new PS4 under my tree at Chrimbo.

Caporegime
Isn't it normally released in Japan first and then Europe the following year?

they try and aim for a worldwide release, but then they run into problems and it is either delay the release or release it at different times.

it's usually only a few months apart, sometimes even weeks not a full year.

Caporegime
If it comes out worldwide simultaneously, I would be impressed as Sony have never managed that before (strange as people always bang on about their years of experience in consumer electronics, hardware design etc).

If they couldn't manage it for the Vita which was a much smaller selling product, I am sceptical they will manage it for the PS4.

I would like one this year as well, but I reckon EU will be 2014 and they will cite crap about:

1) complex tax laws and VAT
2) Different languages to cater for
3) other Sony standard excuses they use to release stuff into Europe last when companies like MS and Apple manage just fine :)

rp2000

Caporegime
If it comes out worldwide simultaneously, I would be impressed as Sony have never managed that before (strange as people always bang on about their years of experience in consumer electronics, hardware design etc).

If they couldn't manage it for the Vita which was a much smaller selling product, I am sceptical they will manage it for the PS4.

I would like one this year as well, but I reckon EU will be 2014 and they will cite crap about:

1) complex tax laws and VAT
2) Different languages to cater for
3) other Sony standard excuses they use to release stuff into Europe last when companies like MS and Apple manage just fine :)

rp2000

isn't the main reason that SCEE is a completely different entity to SCEA?

Caporegime
isn't the main reason that SCEE is a completely different entity to SCEA?

They often say that, but it makes no sense to me!! If that is what is holding back worldwide launches and delivery of services in parity around the world they should just merge those 2 companies!!

I mean all companies have separate company registrations in different countries, but this is normally to comply with local regulations etc isn't it?

In truth, I dunno but it sounds like a cop out to me!

rp2000

Caporegime
They often say that, but it makes no sense to me!! If that is what is holding back worldwide launches and delivery of services in parity around the world they should just merge those 2 companies!!

I mean all companies have separate company registrations in different countries, but this is normally to comply with local regulations etc isn't it?

In truth, I dunno but it sounds like a cop out to me!

rp2000

well CS:GO was released in america but not here and looks like it never will be, it was something i was looking forward too as well, as it doesn't seem to run well on my gaming pc for some reason it freezes randomly, tried everything and theirs various threads on it but their is no fix. even tried formatting the whole system, i think i got it working properly by installing windows XP, but that isn't really a proper solution.

anyway they have not commented on why it was never released here after valve said it would be.

Caporegime
well CS:GO was released in america but not here and looks like it never will be, it was something i was looking forward too as well, as it doesn't seem to run well on my gaming pc for some reason it freezes randomly, tried everything and theirs various threads on it but their is no fix. even tried formatting the whole system, i think i got it working properly by installing windows XP, but that isn't really a proper solution.

anyway they have not commented on why it was never released here after valve said it would be.

Yep, I was following the Ps blog when CS:GO came out and they never seemed to give a reason for it's omission from the store, week after week.

It's things like that that will let them down, no matter how good their hardware is imo. 360 manages to release most games globally on Live Arcade whereas PS3 always has issues/delays/excuses. Even PS+ had massive differences between regions. If other companies can manage it then it is something internal at Sony causing the delays. Be that the companies being separate between regions or whatever, the consumer should not have to worry about imo.

rp2000

Soldato
Will the PS4 have team speak this time round?

Now this would be awesome, as it's one of the main things that puts me off consoles, as voice chat is terrible

Also, someone made a concept of what they think the PS4 will look like based off the teaser trailer here:

http://www.kitguru.net/desktop-pc/c...video-snippets-combine-to-form-potential-ps4/

I personally like the look of it, it really reminds me of a silver version of the gold daft punk helmet just squashed down :p

Caporegime
Have none of the press actually held the DualShock 4 yet? I seem to remember they were all in perspex cases. I'm dying to know how it feels compared to the 360 pad.

Back
Top Bottom