**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Soldato
I bought one of the Anker batteries mentioned by someone earlier in this thread.

Since replacing my original battery I haven't experienced any unexpected shutting down from 20% etc.

Money well spent!

Overall battery life seems good. Its been in a couple of days now.

Soldato
Well since the last update after MM installed, battery life has certainly improved.
Currently got 5% left & been off charge for 2 days 17 hours. That's with 4 hours of screen time & the usual texts, WhatsApp, emails etc.

Associate
Can any owners recommend several
Custom Marshmallow Rom's?

Specifically Rom's that are lite and free of Samsung bloat ware (Facebook, Evernote, Flip board, Instagram to name a few. )
That come pre-installed, I never use them but even after Force stopping and Disabling them some persist and restart when rebooting the phone weekly.

Ideally if they are a close to stock Android as possible that would be great.
Many thanks for any feedback.

Caporegime
I have tried several over the last year but generally come back to 2 ROMs. Omega and Dr Ketan, prefer the latter. Mine still comes with some bloat but I believe you can do a bloat free version or flash a simple add-on to remove all of the bloat. Dr Ketan ROM looks great, runs well and has a lot of options.

Soldato
My screen practically fell out yesterday, just hanging on by the two ribbon cables. I Guess it wasnt stuck down properly when it last went in for repair. so yeah....

I'll probably just stick it down with some double sided taper or something but yes epic build quality etc etc.

Soldato
My screen practically fell out yesterday, just hanging on by the two ribbon cables. I Guess it wasnt stuck down properly when it last went in for repair. so yeah....

I'll probably just stick it down with some double sided taper or something but yes epic build quality etc etc.

who repaired it???

Soldato
Samsung service center in milton keynes. The phone had a new mainboard after it started freezing and rebooting, leading to an MMC failure. They're cowboys, they originally tried to refuse the repair then lost the 64gb card i had in the phone when i handed it over, neglecting to mention i was supposed to take it out before i did so..... I'd love to say i wouldnt use them again however the next closest service center is 35 miles away so i don't have a lot of choice.

Let's hope nothing else goes wrong on this note 4 before my contract is up in February lol

Caporegime
My N4 is being very strange. Performance has been slower in the past few weeks but didn't think too much of it until yesterday when I kept getting locks, freezes, reboots, unable to boot with an error message reading "mmc_read failed", WhatsApp is really touchy, one of my games completely wipes my save games when it crashes and so on.

Assume it's a hardware memory problem?

Caporegime
Ah didn't realise though think Samsung only do 1 year warranty?

Already begun proceedings for my bank to fix or replace. Just stripping it of my data now and resetting to stock. I just hope they are able to see the problem as it can seem almost fine (albeit in a slow manner) for 5 minutes until its next brain fart moment.

Caporegime
Doh! Just flashed stock and it won't even boot properly lol - "System UI has stopped".

EDIT - sent off for repair. I have a nearly brand new S4 as backup but I do not remember it being this slow. I think Android 5.0 was one step too far.

Last edited:
Associate
Picked up a note 4 at CEX the other week, loving it so far, bigger version of the Alpha imo which was my previous phone and i love it, will last me until i decide/get bored and get an upgrade which will probably be the next one plus i imagine

Soldato
ANyone know how i can reflash back to standard samsung rom? i have twmp installed. i want to go back because android pay doesnt work on omega nore does pokemon go

Caporegime
They have replaced my broken Note 4 with a new one :D - can finally see if the worsening battery drain was the previous unit or just incremental Android updates.

Caporegime
Never ends with me. My new shiny Note 4 is acting weird. What seems to be happening is the battery suddenly drops once it gets below 50%. Just now I was on 49%, left it for a short while an it was warm and on 41%. Tried making a phone call but it froze and I had to take the battery out. Turned it on and I heard the low battery noise as it was booting. I have turned it on with 14% charge. It did this yesterday a couple of times (minus the warm to the touch part). I guess they have sent me a dodgy battery or have I some how buggered it up on first charge? Annoyingly they have kept my relatively new Anker battery.

2qd7dza.jpg

I did note just before it spazzed out, my signal completely went and it froze whilst I was trying to make a call.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom