**** Microsoft Surface Book Thread ****

Man of Honour
Another big update arrived:

Microsoft driver update for Surface System Aggregator Firmware

Surface System Aggregator Firmware
•V88.1226.257.0 improves the stability of the keyboard when the device resumes from hibernation or connected standby mode.

Microsoft driver update for Surface Touch

Surface Touch
•v51.250.94.229 increases overall stability and addresses issues in touch, pen ink, and barrel button eraser scenarios.

Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics 520

Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
•v20.19.15.4463 improves system performance in some applications.

Microsoft driver update for Surface Pen Settings

Surface Pen Settings
•v12.0.303.1 improves the stability of the pen settings and prepares for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller

Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller
•v8.20.0.931 improves audio stability.

Intel(R) Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED

Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED
•v8.20.0.931 improves audio stability

Microsoft driver update for Surface Button

Surface Button
•v1.1.662.0 improves device usability while the device is in tablet mode.

Microsoft driver update for Surface Touch Servicing ML

Surface Touch Servicing ML
•v1.0.207.0 increases overall stability and addresses issues in touch, pen ink, and barrel button eraser scenarios.

Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) CSI2 Host Controller

Intel(R) CSI2 Host Controller
•v30.10586.7076.2424 improves the stability of Windows Hello after an upgrade to Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

Man of Honour
Another big update ahead of tomorrow's Windows 10 Anniversary Update:

Intel driver update for Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500

Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500
•v30.10586.7109.2672 improves the stability of Windows Hello.

Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Control Logic

Intel(R) Control Logic

Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) CSI2 Host Controller

Intel(R) CSI2 Host Controller

Intel driver update for Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2500

Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2500

Intel Corporation driver update for Microsoft Camera Front

Microsoft Camera Front

Intel Corporation driver update for Microsoft Camera Rear

Microsoft Camera Rear

Intel Corporation driver update for Microsoft IR Camera Front

Microsoft IR Camera Front

Man of Honour
Another important update:

Microsoft driver update for Surface Management Engine

Surface Management Engine
•v11.0.15.1003 improves stability and performance when you change between power states.

Microsoft driver update for Surface UEFI

Surface UEFI
•v90.1281.768.0 improves stability and performance when you change between power states.

Microsoft driver update for Surface Integration

Surface Integration
•v1.1.315.0 improves the device usability and battery life.

Microsoft driver update for Surface Integration Service Device

Surface Integration Service Device
•v1.0.146.0 makes sure the default Balanced power plan is set correctly when the operating system is updated.

Associate
Seriously considering a Surface Book now.

I'm a .NET developer work with Visual Studio a heck of a lot. Anyone else using the Surface Book for software development? How's it stacking up?

I will also want to use it to remote desktop to my work PC via RDP. Obviously I can do that with any old cheapish Windows laptop though so just dunno if I can justify going all out. The Dell XPS range looks nice but I do kinda want tablet mode!

Associate
Was very close to ordering an SP4 this week but then realised Microsoft is likely about to announce the SP5 later in October. So will hold fire for that now. Hopefully it'll be out before 2017 though or I'll possibly cave!

Associate
Was very close to ordering an SP4 this week but then realised Microsoft is likely about to announce the SP5 later in October. So will hold fire for that now. Hopefully it'll be out before 2017 though or I'll possibly cave!

rumors at the moment are that they are going to announce and release next spring. Think they are waiting on intels new CPUs to put into the SP5

Man of Honour
a stop gap product, which you would be mad to buy, pretty much confirms the rumors of properly new pro/book when windows update is released early 2017.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Phenomenally expensive it seems as well :(
It does look like a great idea though, but if the dollar pricing is anything to go by, it is going to be a very niche product.

Man of Honour
3k is more than most high end gaming PCs.

you can't justify it.

its not a gaming pc though. did you see who they where aiming it at. people who buy monitors like this
http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell...k/apd/210-adjr/monitors-flat-panel-widescreen
http://www.asus.com/Commercial-Monitors/PQ321Q/

now it doesn't seem so bad does it, when the screen should be even better than that.
some of these high end monitors are 3k on their own. I mean that asus monitor hich is advertised as the thinnest monitor is 35mm compared to 12.5mm for studio and is higher res, touch screen, pen etc. it is one extremely high end extremely expensive display on the studio.

if you're a ordinary home user and thinking of buying one, you have far to much money.

Last edited:
Associate
3k is more than most high end gaming PCs.

you can't justify it.

If it were a gaming PC, they would have made it a pretty clear choice for gamers buy putting a mobile 1080 chip in there. a 980m is a decent compromise, and more than enough power for many of the uses it's intended for.

Associate
The new Surface Book (or even the 2015 one) looks like a winner to me now. Shame it's still based on 2015 CPU and GPU but 16 hour battery is brilliant.

Not feeling the new MacBooks. Apple seems to have really gone downhill. Just bought a Parallels licence too. Doubt I'll need it if I go full Windows.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Niche as in initially business orientated?

I wasn't even thinking of business specifically.
Personally, I would love one but think it is too expensive, I also would think there is also a limited market in business at that price.

We have designers at my company who I know would love this, but try convincing the FD of the 3-4k expenditure.

Business or private user at 3k it will be a niche market regardless.
I know a lot of the cost is the screen so hopefully that is something might go down in price.

Back
Top Bottom