**** Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Thread ****

Soldato
So for as mere mortals why can't somebody produce a nice big touch screen monitor that I can plug into my PC into, OK it will have 2 thin wires hanging out of it but I can't see that being much of an issue, it's not like it's "portable"

Seems like one hell of a price premium for a having it as an "all in one", don't get me wrong I love the design but I don't really understand why it's needed?

It's priced only a little higher than a typical high-end Mac designer set-up, while absolutely spanking that set-up in terms of functionality. Not a difficult sell to the right customer. For those that would like one but can't afford it, the Studio will no doubt be copied and reproduced by other manufacturers eager to cash in on a potential new market segment.

Ultimately, it's a Surface device. It's meant to be expensive, top-end. The Pro is just a tablet, and the Book just a laptop. Both have imitators that sell for a fraction of the price. It's simply a matter of budget and requirements. Microsoft are trying to be the Apple of Windows, with the difference being that other budgets are catered for under Windows.

Last edited:
Soldato
So for as mere mortals why can't somebody produce a nice big touch screen monitor that I can plug into my PC into, OK it will have 2 thin wires hanging out of it but I can't see that being much of an issue, it's not like it's "portable"

Wacom already make what you're looking for. The Cintiq also has a rough finish to it to aid with drawing - something the Studio lacks.

The Surface Studio looks fantastic but even the basic model is £1000 more than the top-end iMac. It's a niche product.

Man of Honour
It's priced only a little higher than a typical high-end Mac designer set-up, while absolutely spanking that set-up in terms of functionality. Not a difficult sell to the right customer. For those that would like one but can't afford it, the Studio will no doubt be copied and reproduced by other manufacturers eager to cash in on a potential new market segment.

unfortunately that was what MS always intended, Surface to be a kind of reference design to get OEMS to copy, but just look how even now everyones failed to copy the surface pro.

Wacom already make what you're looking for. The Cintiq also has a rough finish to it to aid with drawing - something the Studio lacks.

The Surface Studio looks fantastic but even the basic model is £1000 more than the top-end iMac. It's a niche product.

ouch at $2800 just for a monitor.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
That again.

I'm surprised the same video wasn't made about the Surface Pro 4 and why it only has a single USB port and micro SD slot, with a dock that isn't cheap as one of the few methods of more ports.

Soldato
I thought you were comparing it to the MBP as competition. Most devices will be USB-C only in a few years I'd imagine.

Nope, they wont, they really wont.
And it still doenst matter when 90% of the market is on USB3/2 etc, that doesnt help a user to day or for many years later.

Soldato
That again.

I'm surprised the same video wasn't made about the Surface Pro 4 and why it only has a single USB port and micro SD slot, with a dock that isn't cheap as one of the few methods of more ports.

Are you actually comparing a SP3/4 etc to a MBP?
If a Surface Tabler can fit a full housed USB connection, then whats Apple excuse. I can even connect my phone, any phone, directly to it, thats a neat thing huh.

Back
Top Bottom