**** Microsoft Surface Book Thread ****

Man of Honour
We were looking for a new laptop and having reviewed a number of laptops/tablets decided that this ticked most of the boxes and having
the tablet made it the icing on the cake:

TNVzeuT.jpg

0SzOk1I.jpg

Model is: i7/512GB/16GB /Nvidia GPU

It has superb build quality and the screen is just brilliant. That hinge is barely noticeable.

Just going through the setup and it's gone into windows update for new firmware and the new version of windows 10.

This is going to take a while!

Soldato
Had a play with one - the screen quality is incredible and the tablet portion when detached is surprisingly light, in particular when you consider it's a Skylake Core i7, 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD. Nvidia GPU is custom but thought to be roughly 940m (ish) so Ok, but not aimed at gamers.

Man of Honour
Had a play with one - the screen quality is incredible and the tablet portion when detached is surprisingly light, in particular when you consider it's a Skylake Core i7, 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD. Nvidia GPU is custom but thought to be roughly 940m (ish) so Ok, but not aimed at gamers.

Yes the screen is incredible, is extremely bright with great colours and contrast. It is light for its size:

EDHw9rV.jpg

It feels much lighter then the Samsung Note 12.2. I love the 3:2 aspect ratio.

These screens are shipped calibrated and cover 99% of sRGB and 75% of Adobe RGB. A bonus as I will be using Photoshop and Premier on this.

Still got to load it with all my stuff and will then give a brief review.

Soldato
OP
Yes the screen is incredible, is extremely bright with great colours and contrast. It is light for its size:

EDHw9rV.jpg

It feels much lighter then the Samsung Note 12.2. I love the 3:2 aspect ratio.

These screens are shipped calibrated and cover 99% of sRGB and 75% of Adobe RGB. A bonus as I will be using Photoshop and Premier on this.

Still got to load it with all my stuff and will then give a brief review.

looks wicked mate

Man of Honour
Don
I really want to try the trackpad out on the Surface Book. One of the things that keeps me with Apple MacBooks is that the trackpads are just so much better than anything I've used on a Windows machine. It's a real shame that most companies still can't get trackpads right even on their most expensive machines.
If the Book has a trackpad as good as the MacBook Pro I may very well get one.

Man of Honour
New firmware update this morning:

The following update will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 11/18/2015” within the Windows Update History..

•Surface UEFI update (v88.870.770.0) improves system stability.
•Surface Management Engine update (v1.0.0.1183) provides touch optimizations.
•Precise Touch Device driver update (v1.1.0.217) provides touch optimizations.
•Management Engine Interface driver update (v11.0.0.1172) provides touch optimizations.
•Surface Touch Servicing ML driver update (v1.0.36.1) provides touch optimizations.
•Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver update (v1.2.0.2) ensures correct Surface driver is installed.

Note When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update then please manually check Windows Update later.

 **In addition, please check out the Surface Book update history page for more details on all previous updates.

Having trouble downloading or installing from Windows Update? Please try to manually download and install the update - for instructions see https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ntenance/install-software-updates-for-surface.

Back
Top Bottom