*** The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Thread ***

Man of Honour

Spec:

Operating System Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Display 5.7-inch 2560x1440
Super AMOLED
Dual edge screen
Gorilla Glass 5
Processor Quad-core Snapdragon 820 (U.S.)
Octa-core Exynos (international)
Storage 64GB
Expandable microSD up to 256GB
RAM 4GB
Rear Camera 12MP f/1.7
1.4-micron pixels
OIS
Front Camera 5MP f/1.7
Connectivity Wi-Fi 802.11ac MIMO
Bluetooth v4.2 LE
ANT+, USB 2.0, NFC
Charging USB-C
Fast charging
Qi wireless
Powermat wireless
Input S Pen stylus
4096 points of pressure sensitivity
Battery 3500 mAh
Water resistance IP68 rating
Security One-touch fingerprint sensor
Iris scanner
Samsung KNOX
Private folder
Dimensions 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9 mm
Weight 169 g

Last edited:
Soldato
I have been thinking about this beast for a while! Need to upgrade from my Note 3 which I absolutely adore.

Cannot wait till the official announcement!

Why the jump straight to 7? Is it so it falls in line with the standard Galaxy range?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
No real sensible reason to even want to "upgrade" from an S7 Edge.

Probably the first time I'd ever have expected to say that since owning Galaxy devices as each Note I've owned has always provided a good step up from the previous Galaxy/Note I had before it.

How times have changed.

I'll only be upgrading now when phones are using the new charging/battery tech that Mediatek recently showed off (Pump+ 3) where a 0-70% charge takes a mere 20 minutes over USB-C.

Last edited:
Associate
I have been thinking about this beast for a while! Need to upgrade from my Note 3 which I absolutely adore.

Cannot wait till the official announcement!

Why the jump straight to 7? Is it so it falls in line with the standard Galaxy range?

6 would seem a step back against the current S7 range maybe?

As we're suggesting features ... no glass back :mad: I'd have swapped my Moto X for the GS7 Edge or even the maybe the the none edge version but I know with my use the glass back is going to get broken.

Someone is going to ask for a removable battery too :D though personally not bothered about that.

Associate

Leaked blueprints of the Samsung Galaxy Note 6 / Note 7 have given us our first-ever look at the phone and confirmed some key features, ahead of its anticipated debut in August or September.

Sourced exclusively for uSwitch by @Onleaks, AKA Steve Hemmerstoffer of Nowhereelse.fr, the blueprints reveal that the handset will feature a design that’s almost identical to the Galaxy S7 Edge, albeit with an aperture for the stylus pen that defines the Note range.

https://uswitch-mobiles0-contentful...amsung-Galaxy-Note-6-03.jpg?w=770&format=auto

However in a major break from past form a USB-C port is evidence, making this the first-ever Samsung handset to upgrade from standard USB. USB-C technology, which tech sites have widely tipped to feature on the next-generation Note, enables faster data transfers and means faster charging too.

Interestingly, our source tells us that above the screen, which comes in somewhere between 5.7-inches and 5.8-inches, there’s a concentration of sensors (two large ones and three smaller ones).

https://uswitch-mobiles0-contentful...amsung-Galaxy-Note-6-02.jpg?w=770&format=auto

Their presence adds real weight to rumours that the Note 6 / Note 7 will feature an iris scanner that 'reads' unique biometric information and enables you to unlock your handset just by looking at it.

The phone's dimensions are purportedly around 153.5mm x 73.9mm x 7.9mm. That puts it broadly in line with the Galaxy Note 5, which comes in at 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6mm, and the Galaxy S7 Edge, which measures 150.9 x 72.6 x 7.7mm.

What we can’t tell you with any certainty is whether the phone in the blueprints is the standard Galaxy Note 6 / Note 7 or the as-yet-unconfirmed, curved-screen Edge-branded model that’s rumoured to be landing alongside it.

The case for the latter is lent some heft by the fact that the phone our source presented us with features a curved screen. But we wouldn't bet the ranch on it.

https://uswitch-mobiles0-contentful...amsung-Galaxy-Note-6-04.jpg?w=770&format=auto

We're also unsure exactly what the next-generation Note smartphone will be called.

According to some industry insiders, Samsung could brand the standard model as the 'Galaxy Note 6' and opt to call the variant, curved screen edition the 'Galaxy Note 7'.

We won't know for sure until Samsung shows its hand later this year, most likely the IFA technology expo in early September.

https://uswitch-mobiles1-contentful...amsung-Galaxy-Note-6-01.jpg?w=770&format=auto

The good news, though, is that rumours suggest that, unlike the Note 5, the 2016 Note phone will be granted a UK release.
https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/features/samsung-galaxy-note-6-deals/

Hotlinked images removed.

Soldato
Yeah not fussed about removable battery even though I changed the one on my Note 3. Likewise the) with micro sd support. If they whack in 128gb on board then what's the need for external storage?

Why does the renders in that story make it look like an iPhone?!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not averse to the edge display, its quite cool tech and I think by now we should have bezel-less phones anyway!

It has been done before with lesser models so why not top end flagships?

Back
Top Bottom