EE data deals?

Soldato
I've been with T-Mobile (EE) for about 17 years now and am using that SIM as a secondary SIM in my phone. I'm way out of contract but would like to "upgrade" and get some additional data allowance rather than using the data allowance on my work SIM.

Is it just me or is EE crazy expensive for what it is? I did speak to an advisor and outlined what I was looking for from either Three or EE, but was basically told there are no "deals" and what's on the site is what's on offer.

I'm probably going to go for the Three £16 a month deal for 4GB which is the same as I'm paying now for a Solo tariff (only ever needed to take the odd phone call or text on that number previously) but has anyone had any luck with EE retentions in getting a better deal or are the days of loyalty discounts long gone?

Cheers!

Soldato
OP
Thread can be closed.... Surprisingly, and after a few friends telling me I had no chance, I actually got the Three deal matched when I asked for the PAC code. Maybe something to do with the length of time I've been with them and wanting SIM only. :)

Soldato
OP
So what deal did you end up with?

I got the following: EE SIM only 4GB allowance, "double speed 4G" with unlimited calls and texts + EU roaming (calls and texts, not data)

Cost is less than I'm paying now and £6 less than the advertised tariff which seems fair. This was from a UK call centre and loyalty was mentioned by the rep.

In all honesty 4GB is overkill for my general use but it's nice to have the wiggle room. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I am on PAYG with EE
150 mins,unlimited Texts and (so Far)4.6 Gig per month data.Every 3 Boosts I get the option of more mins or more data,I have always gone for more data as I use hardly any mins but more data is gr8 as house BB is pants and i can get around 30meg of 4G signal :)

Soldato
If I could get that sort of deal I'd probably switch to EE, still on T-Mobile full monty unlimited data (3g) for £18 a month and retentions only offer me 4gb of data for £20. I don't use a lot of data as I use wifi at home/work, but it's useful to have when staying away.

Soldato
£4.99 a month for 16GB data and unlimited texts and calls here. £110 cash back via redemption too. So they are paying me. Need to move before the 12 months are up though as will be £35 a month. Basically got lucky with a combination of deals. Can't believe someone would stick with a supplier for years. Moving is worth it for cashback alone.

Associate
Bump my speed.

0cb91eae99.jpg

Soldato
Some of these posts makes my EE deal look like I'm getting ripped off. I used the upgrade service when logged in to EE's site and since I decided to keep my phone after the contract finished I chose a sim only plan which was supposed to give 500Mb 500mins and Unlimited texts. I kept correcting the adviser on the phone who kept saying 250 250 unlimited and kept hammering the point that on the website it says 500 500 unlim. She reassured me that's what I would get and this deal it's £10 a month. So when my package updated I logged in with my phone to check my plan and I have 250 250 unlimited.

I find EE quite dense so I didn't bother chasing them up to correct it because I've dealt with their customer service before and it's an exercise in futility.

The first time I ever dealt with them was when I first got the phone at the same time I transitioned from Orange to EE. Orange sold me HTC One M7 all unlimited and 4Gb data for £34 a month iirc. When I actually got the phone the package was correct but the price per month was higher, I phoned them several times trying to get it resolved and the last person I spoke to got bitchy and told me to return the phone and she'll cancel the contract so I can take a new one out. I got so ****ed off I hung up on her

It confuses me why WE can't modify our contract during it's course but THEY can by increasing the price to match inflation.

Back
Top Bottom