• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
Looks like ive got a problem with FreeSync, i turned it off, got no flashing, but i was getting 9fps, turned it back on, still no flashing, but was still getting 9fps, so disabled Xfire, ran fine, ive even tried rebooting, but still only get 9fps now in it when i try running Xfire, reverting to single card, it goes fine, so with me turning FreeSync off, then back on, its ****** it right up :confused:

I also think, turning FreeSync off when playing GTA V, has ****** that up to, as ever since i turned it off in that, and back on, thats been stuck at 55fps wether its single card or Xfire.

Tested a few other games in Xfire (without touching FreeSync, so its still on), and they are fine, just have the usual problems they have with Xfire (Dying Light for example, has the flickering blood).

Last edited:
Soldato
Check global settings inside Crimson, I had 55 fps on csgo once it turned out somehow global settings for FRTC was enabled.

I understand you like to use MSI afterburner, I would remove it.. And test seen couple posts from people on here and other forms say it effects Crossfire.

Caporegime
FRTC is off, ive even tried without having AB running, and its still the same, its somehow broke, when i turned FreeSync off in the drivers, before firing it up, now everytime i boot it up in Xfire, im getting 9fps, but the flashings gone lol :confused:

Soldato
FRTC is off, ive even tried without having AB running, and its still the same, its somehow broke, when i turned FreeSync off in the drivers, before firing it up, now everytime i boot it up in Xfire, im getting 9fps, but the flashings gone lol :confused:

Is FRTC even off for each game profile? 55fps is a strange number so something is definitely locking it.

Not just afterburner but also rivertuner

9fps is very strange.

Caporegime
Yes, i don't use the profiles, its very odd, i thought it was the latest patch today that ****** it up, so reverted back to the previous one (which worked fine before, as thats the last time i played it in Xfire), but it was still flickering, and also looked to be tearing, so went back to the patch that was before that one, and was still the same, so with the tearing as well, i thought it may have buggered FreeSync, thats why i tried with it off, which fixed the flickering, but then gave 9fps, and its stuck at 9fps now, with FreeSync on or off, in Xfire, only works fine now on a sinlge card. :confused:

It seems with me firing it up after turning FreeSync off, thats whats now giving me only 9fps in it, in Xfire, i havn't touched FreeSync before ive booted it up on a single card, and im not going to, just incase i get stuck at 9fps on a single too :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
I fixed the 9fps issue, i noticed in the options, that the Exclusive Fullscreen wasn't ticked anymore (and im sure i had them both ticked), so i re-ticked it and fired it up, the frame-rate went back to normal, but the constant flashing and tearing came back, very odd, and baffling, as last time i played it in Xfire, it was fine. :confused:

Works fine on a single card, but only at around 40fps for the settings im using, where as in Xfire, it locks to my 70fps cap.

Also GTA V, if i whack that in window-mode, it fixes the frame-rate, but as soon as i change it back to fullscreen, it re-locks back to 55fps, its very strange, it still runs great at that though, and is smooth as hell, so i can't really complain, its just annoying as to why its happened :p

Someone did mention in another thread a while ago (think it was the big GTA V one actually), when i first got the problem and mentioned it, that they got it to, but they couldn't remember how they fixed it.

Stuff like this is why i just have my second card disabled, its an absolute pain in the arse, Xfires just a cluster**** of problems.

Last edited:
Soldato
Since downclocking my GPU and memory, I've not had a single lockup (video freeze) in Elite Dangerous...

I'll give it a few more weeks then return them and see if the problem then happens.

Soldato
I must say i am impressed with the latest driver so fare. My old r9 290 is pumping frames like a champ and i have no issues at the moment.

I've not upgraded drivers for a month or so (& certainly not to the latest) given my current stop of video freezes in Elite Dangerous...

Soldato
Raptr is rubbish, use OBS if it's just for recording. If you want to have shadowplay like feature then sadly the only real way is paying money and buying mirillis action..

I would use Window 10's build in DVR but it sometimes gives pixelated/garbled results.

Is OBS free/easy/reliable?

Permabanned
Ive not upgraded for months, im still on the 16.3 hotfixes, so don't have a clue why Tombi has ****** up in Xfire, when it was working fine last time i played it on these.

That's probably why you have so many issues, Tomb raider got patched & updated recently, You said you're only using one card most of the time so you should try the latest drivers, I have the same gpu and a 3440x1440 freesync monitor and it's running like a champ (apart from the need to drop the textures from very high to high) with a few tweaks to keep framerates respectable.

Permabanned
Bump :p

Does everyone just stick with default settings then?

Why not?

The only changes I do is I put fluid motion on in the video's section (something Humbug once mentioned) plus gpu scaling and freesync on in the display section.

One to remember: You need Open GL triple buffering: On if you ever plan to play Rage again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom