• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Caporegime
I just put a gentle typhoon 120mm fan on the inside of the side of my case blowing directly on the FE and temps dropped to 72c full load from the high 80s not a lot of extra noise either...

Soldato
Gah, my Inno3d's packed in :( I can see burn marks and little melted components on the bottom right corner of the pcb. Definitely a gonner. And i had just bought a lovely new gaming monitor too :(

Soldato
Was wondering if a 1080 Classified owner could answer a question for me please ?

I just ordered a 1080 Classy as it was looking at me funny so had to get it :p

When wanting to change the LED colour does EVGA Precision X have to be installed or can I install it, Use it to change LED colour and then go back to Afterburner without it changing back to it's default colour ?

I prefer using Afterburner for certain OSD options so would be a shame if I had to stick to 1 for a simple colour change.

Soldato
Ha!, i did think about that and did put it in so i could dl the EVGA precision prog because i thought it would let me change led colours but this one is just White.

It let me put it in.

I think these might be from companies that have put waterblocks on 1080's and not sent the original coolers with them.

Soldato
Main prob with this was not just in my setup it didn't cool great was that it it had a terrible humming noise and i had to run it at about 42% speed to get rid of it and i had that on a 780ti or 980ti classified with the same results.

I can't wait to get my watercooling setup sorted again.

Man of Honour
OP
Main prob with this was not just in my setup it didn't cool great was that it it had a terrible humming noise and i had to run it at about 42% speed to get rid of it and i had that on a 780ti or 980ti classified with the same results.

I can't wait to get my watercooling setup sorted again.

Looking forward to some watercooled results.:)

Back
Top Bottom