ASUS STRIX RAID - Is Anyone happy?

Soldato
OP
Hmmm... I am starting to see that!

The place I bought it, will only replace it if its faulty, and since it seems to work perfectly fine, they wont replace it.
Asus themselves wont accept that they have made a duff model and they just keep tellign me to contact the supplier I bought it from.

Now, I am stuck with a SoundCard that cost me just over a ton, thats now back in its box and its sat there doing nothing.

I have always been a loyal customer to all, and when they fob me off, is the moment I stop buying from them. ASUS is now added to that list, and given that both my best AMD and Intel, are Asus Boards, and that I have a number of other Asus bits like a few of their sound cards and Graphics cards, and also a USB 3 card, not to mention all the bits in the past, I have bought a lot of things from them over the years. This has now come to an end.

I adore Gigabyte and MSI so I suppose I will be going their way from now on.

And yeah, I am bitterly upset by this.

Soldato
Seeing as the only alternative when it comes to internal sound cards is Creative, then you may be cutting your nose off to spite your face. Over the years I have found Asus' Xonar line to be less troublesome than Creative's, so you may end up having to rely on motherboard audio, which is a depressing thought.

The Strix sound cards do seem to be something of a lemon, which is a pity as they appear to be well specced. Not sure whether it's a hardware or driver issue but it's an issue nonetheless.

I did have high hopes for the PowerColor HDX and initially it was great, it worked well and sounded just as good as my STX but that wasn't to last - about a week in it started disappearing and eventually it just never came back.

If you want to use multi-channel active speakers then you are probably better off just using your motherboard and for headphones, get an external DAC & Amp and if you want surround just use Razer's software.

Soldato
OP
This is is though isnt it?

I myself have used Creatives for many years, and ever since the SBLive with the Drive bay box, I have loved them, and I have never had half the issues that many others have said they get, while with Asus cards, I have.

Admittedly, the STX and the ell cheap DG and DX cards are flawless, but the DX2 was shoddily built because the power connection on mine, and many others, has failed.

Now, I have repaired mine and it works perfectly again thankfully, but for how long?

You see... I dont judge a company on one device being rotten, or even a few, no... I do however judge them on their customer support.

Back
Top Bottom