VW Polo - ABS Light On

Soldato
The ABS light came on in 2004 VW Polo a couple of weeks ago. When I got home I checked the brake fluid and it was ok. The next day the light went out after starting the engine and stayed off. Yesterday it came on again and it's still on now. I've booked it in to a garage but they can't do it till next Tuesday. Excuse my ignorance but is the car still ok to drive? The brakes aren't going to fail are they?

It's the wife's car and she needs all the help she can get! I'll probably end up with it till it's been seen cos I don't have as far to drive as she does.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
It'll be sound, Women can't drive anyway. If she is being a drama queen then give her a lift in rather than let her drive your Motor. All women should be banned anyways they are rubbish at driving & just block the roads/roundabouts & cause crashes.
Make way for the Men as our business is Serious business.

Caporegime
First thing you can try is take the Neg off the battery, see if it clears the code, worth a shot since this is free.

That brakes arn't going to fail, the light means a failed ABS sensor / Pump, odds are its logged a bad signal from one of the sensors and stuck the light on, this also means you have ABS at the moment :p

Soldato
OP
It'll be sound, Women can't drive anyway. If she is being a drama queen then give her a lift in rather than let her drive your Motor. All women should be banned anyways they are rubbish at driving & just block the roads/roundabouts & cause crashes.
Make way for the Men as our business is Serious business.

Whilst I agree with everything you've said, I'd sooner she take my car than me give her a lift. That would mean getting out of bed before her (she goes to work an hour before me) :)

However, I think she's been driving round with the light on for a couple of days and she's only just noticed it!

Back
Top Bottom